Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ESC error - anything to try or just return?
935 8 2016-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolftj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Haven't flown my Inspire for about a month. I have turned it on and updated firmware each time something was released. No problems the last time it flew. Yesterday the motors wouldn't start and I got an ESC error on the app, said to restart then contact DJI if not resolved. Tried about 10 restarts, combinations of ship/controller restarts. Never got the motors to spin.

Is there anything I can try before I have to ship it off?

Tim
2016-2-1
Use props
tvdirector911
lvl.1

United States

Happened to me on an update -- I had to send back
2016-2-1
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

Try calibrating your remote before you turn the bird on.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you've tried multiple restarts and you still get the error then it needs to come it.
Sorry about that.
As a last ditch effort, you can try to downgrade then upgrade again, do all the calibrations and see it it clears it but I don't think it will.
2016-2-1
Use props
wolftj
lvl.4
United States

Ken,

It's worth a try I guess to downgrade then upgrade. Will advise.

If it doesn't work the dealer I bought it from seems to be out of business (Copter Shop in WA). How can I get it repaired?

Tim
2016-2-1
Use props
wolftj
lvl.4
United States

Ken,

So, can't find a way to downgrade. Tried putting previous version .bin on the sd card and turning on just the Inspire but not sure it's doing anything. Don't see anything in the app to initiate a downgrade. Lot's have asked on the forum but I have yet to see a straightforward procedure described by DJI. Since DJI purports to now allow downgrades with one of the latest updates, I think it's important to have a procedure in writing to accomplish this. Can you help us out?

Tim
2016-2-1
Use props
wolftj
lvl.4
United States

Ken,

Figured out how to downgrade. Get the ESC error on downgraded firmware and after reinstalling latest version. Props never moved powered by the motors.

Also tried calibrating the RC as someone above said, no change.

How can I get this fixed?

Tim
2016-2-1
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2016-2-1 09:12
Try calibrating your remote before you turn the bird on.

Yes, please give a link to your FPV glasses.  I have heard a lot about them.

I need more info.

Thanks donnie

2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

wolftj@mindspri Posted at 2016-2-2 02:53
Ken,

Figured out how to downgrade. Get the ESC error on downgraded firmware and after reinstalling  ...

Sorry it didn't work, call 818-235-0789 and they will take care of you. Just tell them you got the module 8 & 15 Device not detected. Then in you RMA email post the hidden file.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules