United States

great video well done sir
2016-2-1
Use props
Dan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408054 ft
United States

Thanks!  I had fun doing it and see lots of mistakes that I already made!
2016-2-1
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely footage. Looks great there. How many minutes raw footage did this 3 minutes come from?
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I like the 2nd frame... super low flight
2016-2-2
Use props
retired dog
lvl.2

United States

Nicely done and good music too.
2016-2-2
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-2
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Great footage!
2016-2-2
Use props
Dan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408054 ft
United States

Thanks.  The footage is from Halifax, Virginia.  A pretty area, but not as picturesque as Nova Scotia.  As to the amount of footage, I was a bit curious as to the ratio myself.  The 3 minute video came from  about 22 minutes of raw video.  So that is a fairly high usage ratio.  That doesn't include maybe a couple more minutes of misc footage that didn't really apply.

The low flight across the ice was a bit of mistake but I think it turned out nicely.  I flew off the ground and expected it to keep the same height above the ice/water so I was really surprised when the quad followed the counter of the land and went very low across the ice.  In hindsight, I should have turned off VPS as a precaution.  But it turned out ok and I like the footage.

The music is called "Coffee on the Stove" and came free from www.freeplaymusic.com.   I knew roughly how much footage I would get to so I picked the music and used iMovie to increase the speed of some of the video clip slightly and make the video shorter to match the music.

One real frustrating thing was that several clips had glitch frames.  Usually they were just a single frame, but one had several in a row.  This footage was shot at 60fpm so I could go in an delete the frames individually and you don't really notice, but I don't know why I am getting so many glitches.  Definitely increased the time to edit.

Thanks for the comments!
2016-2-2
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.3
United States

You did a great job! Very entertaining!
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules