Inspires Bought on EBay
2690 16 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brandon
lvl.1

United States

We purchased our pre order from a buyer on eBay on 11/28/14.. The communication hasn't been the best and I'm just wondering if anyone else did this and if they have received shipping confirmation or anything? Thanks!

Brandon
2015-1-3
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why in the world would you buy a $3,000 off of an ebay seller and not from an authorized dealer?
2015-1-3
Use props
Tonyt
lvl.1

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-1-4 11:05
Why in the world would you buy a $3,000 off of an ebay seller and not from an authorized dealer?

Wow, didn't take long for the stolen ones to hit the street. Good luck finding support!
2015-1-3
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

Yeah I would worry about preordering through eBay
2015-1-4
Use props
brandon
lvl.1

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-1-4 11:05

Thanks for the helpful reply. -_-
2015-1-4
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

brandon@retrosp Posted at 2015-1-5 11:47
Thanks for the helpful reply. -_-

It's a pretty legit question though isn't it? Not entirely convinced that you're not trolling here.

You gave $3k to some guy on ebay and are wondering why you haven't heard anything? Best case; he just hasn't received his Inspire (like 99% of people) to send on to you yet. Worst case; He just possibly scammed you for $3k.

Either way, I highly doubt many people here can relate and you would be best advised to contact ebay directly rather than posting here.

Good luck whichever way this falls, hope you get your Inspire.

2015-1-4
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

redleader Posted at 2015-1-5 12:04
It's a pretty legit question though isn't it? Not entirely convinced that you're not trolling here ...

Ebay heavily favors the buyer when it comes to transactions. In the event someone is trying to scam him, I doubt he has anything to worry about . I agree that it doesn't make sense to use Ebay to buy new products when you can get it for a similar price from an authorized dealer or the manufacturer directly.
2015-1-4
Use props
josh.phillips02
New

United States

I ordered mine through eBay. I have shipping confirmation and they even sent me my serial number so I could download the app.
2015-1-5
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are some good dealers on eBay. The problem is support. Now you have to deal with DJI support instead of a dealer that is motivated to help you should you need it.
2015-1-5
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I would think you'll be covered under Ebay or PayPal Buyers Protection if they try to scam you. I went through that once and it wasn't too difficult of a process.  I can be wrong though.   Anyway I haven't heard anything from Amazon either, but then again I just ordered since last week.  Most likely it's just a back order.  If it took 2 weeks to get my iphone 6, I can only imagine how long it'll take DJI to fulfill all their demands.
2015-1-6
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

You have no worries ebay always covers the buyers as long as you used PayPal.
2015-1-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I would not go with an unknown seller on Ebay but with a purchase like this I would go with a reputable dealer. Hopefully you make out OK but, I see many possible problems here.
2015-1-6
Use props
kennyj17
lvl.1

United States

I purchased my inspire 1 from eBay Intertwined.shopping.com
And it's on the FedEx truck now it'll be delivered Monday.
I just can't freaking wait.
2015-1-7
Use props
brandon
lvl.1

United States

Actually  heard back. Shipping  Monday!
2015-1-10
Use props
watzdat
New

United Kingdom

brandon@retrosp Posted at 2015-1-10 21:14
Actually  heard back. Shipping  Monday!

hey brandon, do you got a contact email or phone number of intertwined-shopping you could send me in a pm maybe? many thanks!
2015-12-27
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it all worked out in the end brandon.
2015-12-27
Use props
blairszymczyk
lvl.1

United States

Hi Brandon,
Ebay has a money back guarantee and has many registered dealers. Both DJI dealers in my area dropped DJI because of it's bad customer service reputation.
I have 2- Inspire 1 aircraft that I purchased on ebay and paid a lot less that some of the know for nots that responded to you earlier.
I would read ebay's policy to make sure that you respond in their time parameters. You can also send a message thru ebay to the seller to inquire about shipping info.
Good flying with your Inspire 1, it's a great toy.
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules