"DJI Authentic" Battery on eBay
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I recently purchased a battery on eBay that claimed to be DJI Authentic. My assumption ( I know... I know)... was that this battery was a DJI battery. At $110, I figured it would be worth it. Since this battery does charge and work in the Phantom 3 I'm curious as to any liability issues if the battery were to fail mid flight and crash. Would DJI warranty this? Would I have to file a claim with the company that makes the battery? I'm talking to the seller about this battery claim and firing the same question to them. If they give me too much grief, I will file a claim with eBay on fraud as "DJI Authentic" should only be assigned to a battery that is manufactured / Sold / Certified by DJI.
2016-2-3
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

I think you already know the answer, I can't see how DJI could warranty your copter after an aftermarket battery made it crash.  The battery isn't just a dumb power source, it also has constant data going to/from it and if the aftermarket company didn't exactly mimic that data stream using the same sensors that DJI does, the software results would be unpredictable at best.

Check out the post on "Intelligent Battery Power System Design" and see if you are confident a third-party could exactly duplicate how a DJI battery operates.

2016-2-3
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps you can get DJI to verify it?  They have a printed serial number which should match your flight record, which can be seen on Healthydrones.
2016-2-3
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I actually have not had a crash yet, I haven't even put the battery in my drone until I confirm it's abilities. This is what they listed in the title. That was the main reason for purchasing.
NotDJIBattery2.png
2016-2-3
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... accessories-warning

I would wait and contact dji
2016-2-3
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

afiend69 Posted at 2016-2-3 14:44
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-unofficial-batteries-accessories-warning

I would wait and cont ...

I already purchased it. I "assumed" it was a DJI battery based on the "DJI Authentic" claim. Now I don't want to put it in the bird until I get clarity.
2016-2-3
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

Im an "authentic" persian prince that has money that you won. Please send me a cashiers check with half your life savings and ill reward you with gifts and spoils beyond your wildest imagination.
2016-2-3
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Gabe R Posted at 2016-2-3 16:11
Im an "authentic" persian prince that has money that you won. Please send me a cashiers check with h ...

Woohoo! I'm in... what's your address?
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI will not cover the crash caused by 3rd party battery. Please be aware and use only original batteries!
2016-2-4
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 04:07
DJI will not cover the crash caused by 3rd party battery. Please be aware and use only original batt ...

That is what I figured. This was their reply when I asked them.

Thank you for the message .
Sorry for it .
Yes,this is not from the DJI company but they gave us the authority on producing these kind items .
So this is why we can sell them in the ebay and Amazon but they have not file a claim against us .
How about we send you the partial refund as compensation and you just keep this batter y?
Or you need to return it for the full refund ?
Hope your soon reply.
Kitty

so... I will send it back.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-2-4 20:51
That is what I figured. This was their reply when I asked them.

Thank you for the message .

yeah.... you don't wanna deal with that batteries...
DJI gave them authority?? please......
2016-2-4
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-5 10:40
yeah.... you don't wanna deal with that batteries...
DJI gave them authority?? please......

And selling them at $119... craziness.

I found some being sold on Amazon that state they are DJI batteries from a DJI authorized dealer for $122..... I think I'll go with them.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-2-5 11:01
And selling them at $119... craziness.

I found some being sold on Amazon that state they are DJI  ...

Sound good! Just add  3$ and be sure you have an original battery!
2016-2-4
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Run it through healthy drones and see if it comes up with S/N's and other details like that? DJI may be able to verify if it's fake or not from the S/N possibly?
2016-2-4
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-4 22:38
Run it through healthy drones and see if it comes up with S/N's and other details like that? DJI may ...

The "Knock off" doesn't say Phantom on it... just says Compatible.... and they have already stated it is not DJI brand. The ones I have coming from Amazon, I will have to check when they arrive next week.
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules