Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 / No Tx power or video signal! / Black Pearl / TX5200
1278 4 2016-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.1

United States

hey yall
i have been frankensteining a firend's couple of UAVs and Ive put the H3-2D on a Phantom 2 and am using a Black Pearl for Rx and FPV. I am a Local 600 camera operator; I know how to hook this stuff up and transmit signals but clearly theres a fault in my workflow.

I have gone through every video and tutorial that seems relevant and am still stuck.
EDIT: I have found that I am not getting power to the Tx. Still no video, even when power is good (tested on S800)

GoPro Hero 3 and Black Pearl are both set to NTSC. Camera is on, no lens cap.
Gimbal works and the black 8-cable ribbon is connected to ZENMUSE on the circuit board-this circuit board is the OEM Phantom 2 circuit board. I replaced the original as there was a burned part, so this one should be working properly
In the PT2 Phatom Application I have toggled FPV ON

The Tx I am using is the TX5200, I believe by FlySight. The antenna is an IBCrazy Blue Beam 5 lobe. Ive tried other antennae as well.
This Tx operates in 5865M 5845M 5825M 5805M 5785M 5765M 5745M 5725M which is Band A on the Black Pearl. I have scrolled through every channel, all show interference, no black screens indicating a singal but no picture. The DNR has been set to off and to high. Different channels have different waves of interference.

I have connected the Tx to the Phantom 2 with a plug and play cable, this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... d_aui_detailpages00
Am I perhaps using the wrong kind of transmitter? Do I need to be using an Immersion RC transmitter with this cable? Id be surprised but perhaps...

brett.

2016-2-3
Use props
lvl.1

United States

So I have realized that there is no power getting to the Tx. I hooked it up to an S800 and the transmitter lights up and connects to the Black Pearl, but still no video signal. Nonetheless, my concern is getting power to the Tx.
2016-2-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

12@brettmayfiel Posted at 2016-2-4 06:42
So I have realized that there is no power getting to the Tx. I hooked it up to an S800 and the trans ...

i would use that little magnifying search button and search FPV or whatever as there are tons of posts from folks on what they have used.
2016-2-3
Use props
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-3 21:31
i would use that little magnifying search button and search FPV or whatever as there are tons of p ...

i hear ya.
ive pretty much scoured the forum.

UPDATE
I put the transmitter onto the S800 and it is getting power, as I can see a blue diode light up on the Tx. However, the diode does not light up when plugged into the Phantom 2. I tested with a meter, and the Tx is getting 12v from the power cables, so I cannot figure out why the diode is not gleaming when power is attached.
2016-2-4
Use props
hXyNkeOczn7o
New

Canada

12@brettmayfiel Posted at 2016-2-4 10:29
i hear ya.
ive pretty much scoured the forum.

Wondering if you resolved this issue? Using an FT952 Tx and plug and play cable. Getting 11v in the red wire. When I first plugged in the Tx, I thought it was dead (no led). On closer inspection, board led was very dim, not enough power to transmitt. If I substitue a 9v battery and power the Tx, everything works fine. Reseated cable and inspected pins, all OK.
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules