1654 15 2016-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Drones For Good, $1M contest in Dubai.

My drones bring me extreme happiness and also to those around me, who also fly or only watch my flights for pleasure.
How do your drones and various RC models, make your life more enjoyable?
Group flights with fellow pilots, hobby shared by family members, teaching your kids. . .?
What would you like to see in future creations, that will improve the RC experience?

Voice commands seems do able. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-4
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Cool! Thanks for the fun!
2016-2-4
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Thats awesome! maybe things like this could bring us positive media recognition
2016-2-4
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Great stuff..Thanks
2016-2-4
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Cool video! Congrats to the guy that won the $Million
2016-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's nice to see a brighter future ahead... ;-)
No one ever said drones were all bad, just some of the people flying them, make poor decisions.
Drones are here to stay...

RedHotPoker
2016-2-4
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-4 09:49
It's nice to see a brighter future ahead... ;-)
No one ever said drones were all bad, just some of t ...

Drones don't harm people, people harm people.

I think this 'drone is bad' drumbeat is really the creation of the media and the usual 'sky is falling' contingent in the Federal Government (I'm looking at YOU you ignorant bozos in the FBI and DHS) who want everything to appear dangerous so they can 'fix it' (and get more money, of course).

Most people put drone problems right down near the suggestion from your dental hygienist to floss better.  A couple of days ago I was flying over some Humpback Whales.  It was close to shore and there were hundreds of people at times looking at the whales.  I ended up packing it up after it started to get crowded since I didn't want a whole bunch of people to see the nice whales -- and a buzzy little drone.  The people I did talk to were uniformly interested (mostly in my Vimeo feed) and actually didn't think it bothered them.

As long as most operators are smart and courteous, the ramifications will be minimal.  Yes, when some idiot flies a Phantom into a Ferris Wheel, it will get bounced around the news feed, but everything gets bounced around the news feed these days- the vast majority of stories with incredibly little significance.

We need to keep working on the FAA not to weird out on us, but we have that problem in the Amateur Radio community.  Even with a working relationship that spans over 100 years, we still have to jump up and scream so that spectrum isn't allotted to some company with more cash than we have.  

It's the American way, I suppose.
2016-2-4
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

this is amazing and very interested in the outcome.
2016-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, we are all in an anticipation mode and mood... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-4
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-4 16:31
Yes, we are all in an anticipation mode and mood... ;-)
https://youtu.be/6ZjwgSwXfMQ

Now that was an interesting video.  Thanks for sharing.
2016-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@nrgwise, Anything in particular that sparked a bright fire of your imagination?

I find many of these drone topics interesting and worthy of exploring much further...farther.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-4
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-4 17:49
@nrgwise, Anything in particular that sparked a bright fire of your imagination?

I find many of the ...

I think it was the way the topic was approached and that they showed many aspects/all sides/potential sides.  Both positive and negative.  Just refreshing to hear the subject approached openly.
2016-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, I'm also still interested to see where this Snapdragon stuff from Qualcomm is hoping to go... ;-)

I love them special sound effects for realism... Hehe

RedHotPoker

2016-2-4
Use props
jeff957
lvl.2

United States

What is the big deal about taking pictures from any perspective? I am allowed to photograph people anywhere in public with my iPhone and nobody can stop me. Are cameras in general going t be outlawed?
2016-2-5
Use props
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

Here is a group that is using UAV's right now for good things.  I-TEC is based in Florida, about 90 miles south from where I live and they do some really great things.  This video touched my heart with the revelation toward the end of a man who lost his wife and child to a snake and a scorpion.  If these UAV's had been available at the time it would have saved their lives.  

2016-2-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nice vid, awesome use of the drone...
Thanks for sharing.. Pretty incredible.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced