Lightbridge
3195 8 2016-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eganders
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191821 ft
United States

I am trying to choose between the Phantom 3 advanced and 4K.  My son is a real estate agent and I am interested in the Phantom 3 as a hobby.  My son wants to create an arial view of properties for brochures and website purposes.  I am interested in getting a  realtime pilot feedback experience when I am flying the Phantom 3.  I don't have as much need for a 4K photo, but I do want a good picture.  Since each of us have different needs, what Phantom 3 should each of us get?  The Phantom 3 4K or Phantom 3 advanced?

I want to take the distance out of the selection since neither one of us needs to go beyond sight of the quadracopter.  What does light bridge add to the experience if I am flying within, say, a quarter mile? Is it less jerky, does it give a better control experience? Is the video stream with less latency with lightbridge?  What about the streaming picture that I would see on my iPad from each one?  Would lightbridge provide a more satisfactory flight experience in short distances?

2016-2-4
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Hello!  My opinon: Only go lightbridge.  I personally have not flown the 4K non-lightbridge, but I have had experience with the 3DR Solo drone, which uses similar WiFi based technology.  There were times when he could not even take off the ground due to WiFi interference from nearby home networks.  If your goal is to film for real estate, you will be in neighborhoods and such that have a strong WiFi presence.  This can lead to cutouts in video and the Return to Home function being triggered because of a loss of connection.  So you may not be trying to hit the 3 mile mark, but all your experiences up close will be so much better.  You will have a consistent video feed, which is what these drones are really all about.

As far as not needing 4K, ever since I got my P3 Pro, I have been paying more attention to 4K footage and such on sites like youtube.  If I see 4K advertised on a video, I'm going to click on it.  The clarity in comparison to 1080P is just unbelievable! If your son was able to advertise that he has aerial footage of their home they want in 4K, it could be a huge selling point!

Happy flying!
2016-2-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Wel i going to share my experience with  WIFi signal

i get the standard and is an amazing quad the only bad think is the signal , i get around 100 do 300 meters of distance in the city  or  less if im behind trees houses cars etc
so it was kind of disappointed to the grade that i have no choice and i upgrade my controller here the link of the mod Controller mod
and now i get good range , the phantom 4k has a little better range than the phantom 3 standard (a few meters more )

so i think that if you want to flight in line of sight the 4k is nice but in a few months when you get confident flying you are going to want more and you are not going to be able to go further
and you are going to have to do a mod like the one i did ,  so in my opinion i think that the advance its the best choose lightbridge is a lot better and also later you can upgrade to 4k camera the advance is compatible with the 4k camera (pro version ) , and  there is no way to upgrade the phantom 4k to lightbidge
so in my opinion get the advanced
2016-2-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I own a standard and an advanced.  I can tell you,  with the standard even 1/4 mile is very problematic.  Frequently a couple hundred feet or less is all that can be had.  There are some guys who claim to get multiple kilometers from the standard. They are very lucky.  WiFi is a crap shoot you can do without considering the prices today.  The P3 4k also uses wifi.  The real choice would be between the Advanced and the Pro.  I am very happy with my advanced.  I do not need 4k.  The streaming quality is fine as well.  The Pro has 4k and a higher stream rate.  I just used my Advanced to take some shots for a real estate agent and I was able to take the shots without even leaving his yard.  The job was over a mile away.  No problem.
2016-2-4
Use props
pfalcon
lvl.2

United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-2-4 11:19
Wel i going to share my experience with  WIFi signal

i get the standard and is an amazing quad the ...

My opinion is Lightbridge is a must.  So the real decision is between the P3A and P3P!  If you think you will ever want/need 4K video, then get the P3P (it is not cost effective to buy a P3A and upgrade the camera later).  I have no need for 4K now, and by the time I do in perhaps 2-3 years, I'm sure I will be ready for whatever new Phantom is available then.  So for me, the Phantom 3 Advanced makes the most sense.
2016-2-4
Use props
eganders
lvl.2
United States

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2016-2-4 10:37
Hello!  My opinon: Only go lightbridge.  I personally have not flown the 4K non-lightbridge, but I h ...

Is the WiFi used in the Phantom 3  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (N or A/C).  The reason I ask is that in my neighborhood, I am the only one using N or A/C (5 GHz)
2016-2-5
Use props
eganders
lvl.2
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-4 11:28
I own a standard and an advanced.  I can tell you,  with the standard even 1/4 mile is very problema ...

Impressive!  Thanks for the comparison.  
2016-2-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

eganders Posted at 2016-2-5 12:54
Is the WiFi used in the Phantom 3  2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (N or A/C).  The reason I ask is that in my ne ...

The standard uses a 5.8 ghz signal for the r/c and a 2.4 ghz signal for the video link.  The advanced and pro use 2.4.  Lightbridge works on 2.4.

Also,  I will say that I was happy with the Standard only for a short while.  When I first got it,  I did not know enough,  even though I did much research,  to know what I would really want.  You can't really go by spec sheets unless you are full aware what the specs mean.  So,  within weeks of getting the Standard,  I was wishing I had gotten the Advanced instead.  I have had the Advanced for a little while now and not once have I wished I had gone for the Pro.  The advanced is like the perfect meal,  followed by a nice piece of cheesecake and a cappuchino.  I imagine the pro would be like following that up with a shot of Sambuca.  Fine if that's what you want,  a bit much for the average diner.

2016-2-5
Use props
eganders
lvl.2
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-5 16:01
The standard uses a 5.8 ghz signal for the r/c and a 2.4 ghz signal for the video link.  The advan ...

Love the description--and apropo
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules