Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Zenmuse X5R Camera and Inspire 1 RAW

Shenzhen, China — DJI is pleased to announce that our Zenmuse X5R camera and Inspire 1 RAW drone with integrated X5R camera are expected to start shipping in March 2016. Due to strong indications of demand from professionals and enthusiasts, we are able to offer even better value to consumer with the following recommended retail prices.

DJI originally announced the forthcoming Zenmuse X5R in September. The Micro Four-Thirds camera features interchangeable lens options with remote-controlled focus and aperture. It records CinemaDNG files to a solid-state drive (SSD) and is the world’s smallest, lossless 4K camera optimized for aerial imaging. Video bitrates average 1.7Gbps, with a maximum of 2.4Gbps. The X5R also offers a new D-LOG mode with a broader array of color correction options in post production.

The Zenmuse X5R and Inspire 1 RAW are available for pre-order through local dealers starting today.

2016-2-4
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Any word on availability / pricing of the SSD if I wanted to buy spares?
Thank you.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-5 21:36
Any word on availability / pricing of the SSD if I wanted to buy spares?
Thank you.

No, but I have sent an email to see if they have SSD pricing yet an will post when I know.Or keep watching the pre-order page to see if it pops up.
2016-2-6
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-6 10:28
No, but I have sent an email to see if they have SSD pricing yet an will post when I know.Or keep w ...

Sounds great, Thank you.
2016-2-6
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-6 23:28
No, but I have sent an email to see if they have SSD pricing yet an will post when I know.Or keep w ...

Also, how do we interface the SSD to our computers? Is there a dock we put the SSD in, or do we hook up or computers directly to the X5R? Thank you.
2016-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-7 20:45
Also, how do we interface the SSD to our computers? Is there a dock we put the SSD in, or do we ho ...

Can't say for sure for production model but possibly an adapter.
2016-2-7
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-6 08:28

Any update on the SSD's?
Also, is there any detailed info on the X5r? We know its going to shoot RAW, will it be shooting any other video formats? like Pro Res? it would be nice if we could have ALL the details on the X5R. Its a month before release, and all we know is it records 4k RAW, 1.7gbps, and comes with 512gb ssd.. thats about it.
Hope im not coming across as a D&#$, but Im used to getting all the nitty gritty details when its announced, not when I get it in my hands. for example, Sony announces a new E-mount camera, you get all the specs / capabilities. maybe im looking too much into this, just would like to know more. Thank you.
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-10 20:25
Any update on the SSD's?
Also, is there any detailed info on the X5r? We know its going to shoot R ...

Here's a specs page with some info.
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/info#specs
It is very cool and I think it attaches easier to the inspire than the X5. The X5 you need to make sure you have that rear tab lined up and the X5R just pops in and close the 2 latches. At least that's my opinion.
2016-2-10
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Just wondering if there is an expected target ship date to dealers? just trying to figure out if we should expect shipments to customers at the beginning or end of march... or later. TY.

Also, do you know if the bitrate is the same as the X5 when recording to the SD card? just curious.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-22 20:42
Just wondering if there is an expected target ship date to dealers? just trying to figure out if we  ...

I cannot say anything about target ship date. I don't want to say something, then it ends up being different and people are upset because it's later then I said.
I can say that it is a pretty SWEET camera and I think the S900/S100 market may get flooded because most everyone will want this camera Here are the specs:
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/info#specs

2016-2-22
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-6 23:28

Any update on the SSD pricing / availibility? do they have to be a DJI SSD, or can we use standard SSD's? Thanks.
2016-2-23
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-22 23:13
I cannot say anything about target ship date. I don't want to say something, then it ends up being  ...

Ken, thank you for all your help and answering all my annoying questions. But I have another one, and its quite important:

I have a pre-order with CineDrones, They have told me that from the information they have, the kit I have pre-ordered with them (X5R with no lens) will not include a SSD. Per the info in the first post, I am paying for the kit that comes with an SSD. So should I assume they were given the wrong information and it will indeed come with one, or is there possibly some truth to that, but in that case should be cheaper then the$3200 price tag?

I just want to make sure I dont get the X5r and cant use it because it did not come with the SSD, and as of right now there is no SSD to buy from DJI. Thank you in advance.
-Andre
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-2-25 02:18
Ken, thank you for all your help and answering all my annoying questions. But I have another one,  ...

The kit without the lens includes the SSD as only a DJI SSD will work.

2016-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules