What are your "Must Have" Accessories for your Phantom 2 Vision+ ?
5089 14 2014-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

As we are all growing and learning I thought it would be extremely helpful to pool our resources and create a one stop thread to find the opinions of others in regards to what they have done to their P2V+. We learn from our attempts to improve our crafts, and this is a great forum for sharing what we've learned.

If you decide to list one or more of the things you've done to your drone, it would be extremely helpful if you included links, cost, ease of installation, whether it was a good buy (or not) or any other pertinent information. Also let us know what the purpose of this was. Why you needed it, what aspect it was intended to help with. And pictures would be great too!
2014-9-26
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am awaiting the arrival of a few things and will post soon.
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

This was my biggest thing I did to get more satellites.  It has done wonders locking in the satellites.
Simple easy to do. BUT it can cause a warranty issue. With that said, I had to make a choice to fly or not to fly.
I chose to fly and I'm so glad I made the mod. DJI has copper shielding already under the GPS, but I guess it's is just not enough. There are 2 other videos on youtube showing how to do this. Mine is more or less after the fact video. When I was replacing my camera I wanted to look inside to see if there was any loose wires from my crash into a flag pole. LOL
All I can say is it has work for me. Try At Your Own Risk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-FEET-X ... hash=item339578af2a
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Second best thing is the Secraft Radio Tray
Comes with shoulder straps. And also comes in different variations. Also sits great on my beer belly.
Better user control of the radio.
SECRAFT TRAY AMAZON

DJI SETUP-2.jpg
2014-9-26
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-26 23:00
Comes with shoulder straps. And also comes in different  ...

Bro, this is awesome! Looks so much sturdier than the Satechi Mount I am using now for the iPad Mini. How does the iPad mount to the tray? I looked on Amazon and can't tell.

Also, I assume the video is you talking, since you mention the flag pole incident (haha). But just to be sure (if that isn't you), did you use the copper tape from Amazon? And do you recommend two layers of tape, as in your video?
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-26 23:15
Bro, this is awesome! Looks so much sturdier than the Satechi Mount I am using now for the iPad Mi ...

On the Ipad mount version there is built in knobs that holds it in, very securely.
The copper was purchased from ebay. Link should take you there. One thin layer is all you need.
The silicone from Amazon is just for safety as to protect it from getting into contact with any electronics. But is not necessary, the glue on the copper will hold it in place very well.
2014-9-26
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Wow, How cool!! Where did you make the stickers for the transmitter? I think i might be getting an iPad mini soon.
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-9-26 23:27
Wow, How cool!! Where did you make the stickers for the transmitter? I think i might be getting an ...

STICKERS FROM AMAZON
2014-9-26
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Thanks my friend!
2014-9-26
Use props
TimmyG94
lvl.1

United States

That's a nice setup!

Can you post some photos showing how that iPad Mini is attached to the brackets?  I normally use my 7-inch Samsung Galaxy tablet for FPV flying, but I'm buying a 12-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (with hood) for anticipation of maybe upgrading to Lightbridge HD FPV sometime next year.  I'd like to have the option of swapping out either tablet depending on my mood for that particular day, and I imagine the extra weight of the 12-inch tablet will make it unbearable after a couple flights.

Thanks for the help!  
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

This is for The Ipad Mini.  You can use double sided tape and or velcro to secure it. The do have other styles of this mounting brackets.

If you had a outerbox you could just screw in the outer shell to the mounting bracket. You could get something like this for your device.
OUTER BOX

http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1264

IPAD MINI
2014-9-26
Use props
TimmyG94
lvl.1

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 03:09
This is for The Ipad Mini.  You can use double sided tape and or velcro to secure it. The do have ot ...

Yes, the outer box is a nice way to secure it to the backplate --- but just wish there was an easier way to swap out different size boxes since a 7" box aint going to hold a 12" tablet, and vice versa.

But I could probably just use Velcro strips of some kind to attach either tablet to that backplate.

The main chassis on that SECRAFT Kit is a nice place to mount the large battery pack I use to power my (2) Sunhans booster amps.  

2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

That is what I did with my first one. At first I used Double sided 3m tape. And then went with the velcro.

The first one I got did not have the pins holders for the Ipad 3. The Ipad 3 was too large for me. That is why I went with the mini.

I would think that there is some kind of holder out there that you could mount to the bracket.
2014-9-26
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

What about headlights?
http://www.amazon.com/Enjoydeal- ... ight/dp/B00HQVX4MC/
2014-11-5
Use props
jrussphantom
lvl.1

United States

I added tall landing gear to mine and it really gets the camera away from the ground. Especially in tall grass I would get warning remove gimbal lock. You can get them for about $6.00 on Ebay
2014-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules