Extra Phantom 3 Advanced remote control
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
h2oshy
lvl.1

United States

I received a Phantom 3 Advanced for Christmas.  Absolutely love it.  While flying around a few weeks ago, I inadvertantly put the sticks in Start/Stop position and the drone fell 66ft and busted into pieces.  I took it to an authorized repair location and the tech suggested that I buy another because the frame was bent, the camera was busted, etc.  Basically, iy would cost more than a new one to have it fixed.  Long story short, I bought another.
Now I have 2 Phantom 3 Advanced drones, and remotes.  My question is, should I sell the other remote (to the busted drone) or keep it as a backup in case something happens to the other?

With the exception of the 1st drone itself, the remote is in perfect condition with the latest updates already performed.

Is it safe to assume the other remote could be used with the replacment drone at some point or in conjunction with the new?  You'll have to excuse my newness as this is the first I have had.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear you accidentally did a CSC in mid-air.
If you are careful with your things then there really is no reason to keep the other remote. If it were me, I'd sell it and use the cash to offset some of the price of the new Advanced you bought.
2016-2-5
Use props
h2oshy
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-5 11:56
Sorry to hear you accidentally did a CSC in mid-air.
If you are careful with your things then there  ...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but then I wondered about using it for a backup or together.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

h2oshy Posted at 2016-2-6 02:03
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but then I wondered about using it for a backup or together.

You can use it for a backup but not together.
Like I said, if your not clumsy with your equipment (drop the RC to the ground) then there's really no reason you will need it again.
2016-2-5
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

my remote was killed by firmware update.  I bought a used one $$
sending the old one in for rma today.  I will prob sell one when I get it back if there are buyers.  better odds I end up like you with a parts drone and more remotes unless DJI starts selling the drones without remotes?
2016-2-5
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

afiend69 Posted at 2016-2-5 17:27
my remote was killed by firmware update.  I bought a used one $$  
sending the old one in for rma  ...

they are selling without remotes......$680 (w/o camera)
2016-2-5
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

If you need the money, sell it. If you dont need the money, keep it.
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules