inspire pro gimbal clamp
3060 7 2016-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelWoods
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know what the plastic gimbal clamp that comes with the inspire pro is used for and how to attach it?

2016-2-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

It s a transport clamp. I would remove the gimbal and not transport it attached the Inspire even i f your case lets you carry it like like th e GPC case for the Inspire.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yes, it's gimbal lock, i don't use it a lot, I prefer to transport camera separately in it's little case
2016-2-5
Use props
MichaelWoods
lvl.1

United States

I've tried it but it doesn't seem very effective - it doesn't have a tight secure fit and the camera still has room to move around
2016-2-7
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

It took a little fiddling around to see how the gimbal clamp works. Its not great and its awkward to attached, especially when the Inspire 1 Pro is on the ground. See attached photographs. You slide it in from behind the gimbal, aligning the 2 U shaped claws with the horizontal gimbal arms. But the trick is to also align the vertical arm in and just over the curved vertical gimbal support arm. You have to align all these three elements carefully to allow it to slip on and clip to the gimbal securely. The small clip sort of latches onto the gimbal vertical arm but not so well. I have added a yellow lanyard just to remind me that the clamp is installed. The lanyard is clearly visible as its looped over the top of the 'copter and avoids firing things up with the clamp attached. The lanyard also provides a little extra stability because I keep everything assembled when transporting the 'copter in the back of my Jeep. I cradle the 'copter in a large piece of Styrofoam so it doesn't get thrown around while driving.                                           160208_GimpalClamp_103.jpg 160208_GimpalClamp_104.jpg
2016-2-8
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Zenmuse X5 Gimbal Support (Dust Mask)

Supports the entire assembly weight and doesn't rely on loading/stressing the yaw arm with a junk of plastic.

Fits best with the longer strap to the rear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l8jop9twkqphjv/DSC00253.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xa7n7cya9vgqcnn/DSC00254.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39z3mi4lvgf08h7/DSC00256.JPG?dl=0

2016-2-8
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Clearly the key to success is having a yellow strap :-)
2016-2-9
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks Paul. There's a story behind it as you probably imagined. It is a real photograph and not staged. I was flying my old homemade Phantom with the GoPro camera, photographing a country equestrian estate in  Quebec, north of Montreal. It is a big estate and a lot of the horses are not fenced in. I landed the Phantom and I moved around the front to turn of the camera and as I did so, the horse bent over to take a close look at the drone. I was aware of the heavy breathing down my neck but didn't realize I'd got this neat photograph until I downloaded the video. 100% gen. BTW the horse is the one on the right
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules