8092 68 2015-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good news for those of you that ordered an inspire from b&h. T he preorder notice is down and the coming soon notice is up. This means that they are expecting their shipment. You may see yours this week?
2015-1-4
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

I still see the "pre-order" on their site, nothing about "coming soon".
2015-1-4
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

I just got this today (Monday January 5th, 2015)

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video
www.BandH.com
2015-1-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hmerkel@gci.net Posted at 2015-1-5 01:48
I still see the "pre-order" on their site, nothing about "coming soon".

In answer to you this is weird. If I check their web page on my computer it states just as you say. The notice of preorder is there. Now if I check it on my iPad it states "coming soon" the Tablet message prompted me to create the post. I did check with B&H yesterday via "Live Chat" and the Agent stated that they expect their shipment by the middle of the month which goes along with other posts stating Jan. 15. Sorry for the confusion and I have no idea as to why the notices are different on the 2 devices!
2015-1-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-1-5 23:02

I have been receiving the same notice right along.
2015-1-5
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today i received this: "The Inspire 1 we expect to receive from the manufacturer on 1/12/15. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for the batteries"

So I am not sure where all this info about shipments today came from

I am trying to source one locally... we'll see!
2015-1-5
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

I just called B&H and heard the 16th of January for the unit itself (They can't tell where I am at on the pre-order list) and as mention above -- no estimated date on the batteries.  They said the lack of batteries being in stock will not effect shipment of the Inspire1 itself... so... 2 more weeks, again.
2015-1-5
Use props
ras188
lvl.2
United States

We ordered 2 of them on 11/12/2014 through B&H even before the DJI live announcement was made. This was before the inspire even had a photo on the B&H site, kept refreshing until the product link allow a preorder.

I just called B&H, and they say that they have no ETA at all and no ETA of any shipments coming from DJI at all with the Inspire.

Getting tired of waiting when I preordered so early and I see others receiving product.
2015-1-5
Use props
larry s miller This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-5
Use props
nicklight
lvl.2

United States

Revived from B&H just this am:

Thank you for your order and for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse within the next 2 days. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
2015-1-6
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So what I have gathered here is It seems like no one at B&H has a clue. Unusual. haha

I buy a ton from B&H, but I can say without a doubt anytime something is backordered, their preorder system makes no sense. It's always delayed a few days from when smaller dealers get things out.
2015-1-6
Use props
nicklight
lvl.2

United States

Btw the I ordered 11/14
2015-1-6
Use props
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

nicklight Posted at 2015-1-7 00:18
Revived from B&H just this am:

Thank you for your order and for contacting the Customer Service Dep ...

I just talks to the quadcopter guys at B&H and they said they had shipped 700 Inspires and they are expecting a similar order next week to fill all the back orders and have some for the store.

I don't think this is BS.

2015-1-6
Use props
HeadOn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903835 ft
United States

I reached out to B&H today and they informined me that my Inspire 1 (dual) is estimated to arrive at their warehouse next week and would ship soon after.   They also let me know they currently don't have an estimate on the extra batteries.  They were very polite and apologized for the delays.  

FWIW- I've contiually been impressed with B&H's pre and post sale customer service with this and other orders.  

I'm cautiously hopeful .

2015-1-6
Use props
Helipal
lvl.1

United States

2001guns Posted at 2015-1-7 01:35
I just talks to the quadcopter guys at B&H and they said they had shipped 700 Inspires and they ar ...

2001 - can you please clarify: were they saying they had already received the first order of 700 inhouse, and have shipped them out? I've been repeated told I'm in the first batch (ordered 11-20)

B&H has in the past been very reliable, but I too get different stories from different people each time I call - agree going through professional camera -> Arial photography seem the most informed.
2015-1-6
Use props
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

Helipal Posted at 2015-1-7 02:39
2001 - can you please clarify: were they saying they had already received the first order of 700 i ...

I spoke with a guy named Jay. He sounded as if he knew what he was talking about. I quizzed him about 2 controller orders and he said he didn't know that. I got the impression that the shipments were all done at some distant warehouse. I can't imagine why they would BS about the 700 number. What is to gain?

I ordered mine from a dealer in NY (not B&H) on 11-17 and paid through Paypal I haven't heard anything.

It's 80 degrees and sunny here. I guess I'll go out this afternoon and fly my old Vision Plus. Sigh
2015-1-6
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2001guns Posted at 2015-1-7 05:26
I spoke with a guy named Jay. He sounded as if he knew what he was talking about. I quizzed him ab ...

I ended up buying from All e Rc, who has them in stock (still as I write this) and shipped within an hour of my order.
2015-1-6
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Good for you! I thought it was a gimmic just to get people to order from them! Guess I was wrong!!!
2015-1-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AcesAreWld Posted at 2015-1-5 23:02

I have all the faith in the world in B&H. I have been doing high end Photography  purchases from them for 40 years and they have never let me down. Also, their service and customer satisfaction is out of this world. I understand they are expecting their shipment the middle of this month. I am sure that when they get the Inspire, I will get my order fulfilled.
2015-1-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AnticipateMedia Posted at 2015-1-7 09:09
I ended up buying from All e Rc, who has them in stock (still as I write this) and shipped within  ...

All RC, have  contact info for them?
Thanks
2015-1-6
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-1-7 11:21
All RC, have  contact info for them?
Thanks

AlleRC.com.   Looks like still in stock at the time of this posting
2015-1-6
Use props
Vin@seventhmove This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-7
Use props
lboria
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can only say this about B&H when it comes to DJI products they are late in the game this happen with the DJI RONIN I preorder from them last year. When I started seeing other companies having Ronin's in stock I was calling asking when to expect them I got the same song and dance you guys are getting so I cancel and ended up buying from 1UAS.COM. I also just purchase last friday from 305Drones.com an Inspire 1 which is arriving tomorrow 1-8-2015 and they are a smaller shop then B&H the difference being they are a RC shop only. This is my experience with them not saying it always happens.
2015-1-7
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-7 09:11
Good for you! I thought it was a gimmic just to get people to order from them! Guess I was wrong!!!

Not a gimmick. All e RC won't even allow you to order from their site if it is not in stock. (Specialized preorders are done via another method, as far as I know.) I think they still have some even now, but not sure...
2015-1-7
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-1-7 11:13
I have all the faith in the world in B&H. I have been doing high end Photography  purchases from t ...

I agree about B&H (I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years) except for preorders. I have never had any success with them getting product of any kind (especially DJI) before smaller dealers. They usually are close, but I think they have additional processing time that smaller dealers don't have.

2015-1-7
Use props
hadidimachkieh
lvl.1

United States

Just contacted BH asking about my order status and wether they have heard anything from DJI... I ordered on 11/13 and they said that unfortunately they dont have any updates... I've been in production for 6 years... and i've purchased everything i own from BH... every time i pre-order, its the same story. they are great. just not when it comes to backorders.
2015-1-7
Use props
PixelArtFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

hadidimachkieh Posted at 2015-1-8 00:34
Just contacted BH asking about my order status and wether they have heard anything from DJI... I ord ...

@Hadidmachkleh If you go on Amazon right now and search for the Inspire 1 you will see many vendors listed in stock with high ratings in case you had concerns take a look.
2015-1-7
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468258 ft
South Africa

Seems that everyone that asks get another story. The best part of my story is that they will not supply the cases with the units... Think it is more a lack of product knowledge than anything else.
2015-1-7
Use props
jvazquez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2431627 ft
Puerto Rico

Ordered Nov 19 from B&H and have not heard anything. Placed a new order from Coptershop 10 min ago and I am getting it tomorrow!!!
2015-1-7
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

I ordered on the 14th, still nothing.  Just spoke with them and they said more coming next week. Hmmmm.....
2015-1-7
Use props
nebelung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 613615 ft
United States

For what's it worth, the guy I just spoke to at B&H said that mine will be shipping tomorrow.

I am not holding my breath of course.

But I'll let you know if it happens.
2015-1-7
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

nebelung Posted at 2015-1-8 03:05
For what's it worth, the guy I just spoke to at B&H said that mine will be shipping tomorrow.

I am  ...

What did you order - single or dual controller? Extra batteries? What was your order date?
2015-1-7
Use props
nebelung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 613615 ft
United States

Single controller.

Extra battery (which he said won't be in stock for another 2 weeks)

Order was end of November...not sure of exact date top of my head.
2015-1-7
Use props
hadidimachkieh
lvl.1

United States

nebelung Posted at 2015-1-8 03:33
Single controller.

Extra battery (which he said won't be in stock for another 2 weeks)

Does your order status say on order or whatever the backorder default is ?
2015-1-7
Use props
hadidimachkieh
lvl.1

United States

Ok, so i just got off the phone with BH.... and Izzy told me that they are expecting the FIRST shipment from DJI "any day now". and i should expect to receive mine by tuesday next week. This would be great news however, this is the 3 story i've heard about this first shipment... i guess i'll wait one more week.
2015-1-7
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

I just got off the phone with them as well.  I hate to bring this topic up, but they told me that since I ordered the dual remotes that I would have to wait for the second remote before they shipped my order.  That is the first time they had told me that, I know others have heard this before.

I am not sure what to believe, it seems like there is a different answer for each person that calls.  I told the CSA that everyone that called is getting a different answer, and he said that everyone has different place in the line.  So take that for what it is worth.  

Very Frustrating.
2015-1-7
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2001guns Posted at 2015-1-7 05:26
I spoke with a guy named Jay. He sounded as if he knew what he was talking about. I quizzed him ab ...

They have a warehouse in Brooklyn NY. Most everything is shipped from there and that is also the address for any returns.
2015-1-7
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jerry Posted at 2015-1-7 11:26
AlleRC.com.   Looks like still in stock at the time of this posting

Everything is backordered now on their website.
2015-1-7
Use props
ras188
lvl.2
United States

Just got my tracking number for the first unit from B&H. I ordered two (one single one double) and a bunch of batteries. The single should be here tomorrow, no tracking info on anything else.
2015-1-7
Use props
hadidimachkieh
lvl.1

United States

I just got my confirmation and tracking. estimated arrival is monday but generally get things much sooner from bh, so fingers crossed.

2015-1-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules