Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Solid blue light on tail of Enspire 1 - wont fly or take firmware
1730 5 2016-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sshscp
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

It has been awhile since I last flew my Inspire.  After charging up the batteries and the remote I was able to get video from the quad.  I powered everything down, as I was not going to be flying until the morning.  The first thing that happened when I powered on was that although I could control the inspire from the remote (move the camera and run the motors) I couldn't see the video.
I turned it off and brought it back inside.  Now when I turn it on the camera goes through what looks like about 1/2 of it's normal startup calibration and then stops and a solid blue light on the rear lights up.  When I connect with the remote and the app it says the controller and the quad needs to be upgraded.  I upgraded the controller but when I put the SD card into the Inspire it justs sits there with that solid blue light on it.  It doesn't make the normal clicking noise or anything.  I let it sit that way, hoping it was trying to upgrade, for over an hour.  I then powered it down and put the  SD card into my PC.  There was no text files on the SD card...

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this thing operational again?  What about this solid blue light on the tail, does anyone know what that means?  I searched around and the only thing I see in reference to a solid blue light on the enspire is stuff about the controller.

I have seen a lot of talk online where when these fail to take firmware that they have to be sent into DJI for months.  If this happens who pays for it? DJI or ME?  To me this is a DJI problem all the way as I've done nothing to cause this to happen, but the quad is out of the warranty period.

This is too expensive of a piece of equipment to be having these issues and I don't want to send it into DJI for months as I have things to film!  Please can anyone help?

Thanks,

Nick
2016-2-5
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try rebooting everything a couple of times.
2016-2-5
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-6 12:11
It sounds as if you are in travel mode. The blue light is a giveaway.

When in travel mode, power is ...

Tell me about that blue gadget the controller is sitting on..........
2016-2-5
Use props
sshscp
lvl.1

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-5 20:11
It sounds as if you are in travel mode. The blue light is a giveaway.

When in travel mode, power is ...

That did the trick, thanks Paul!
It was the fact that the landing gear was in the up position that was throwing me.  I'll never forget the meaning of that blue light now!

Nick
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-2-6 09:49
That did the trick, thanks Paul!
It was the fact that the landing gear was in the up position th ...

Glad you already got help from Paul!
2016-2-5
Use props
sshscp
lvl.1

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-5 21:24
You're not the first to be caught out by that, Nick.

They added this behaviour with FW1.3. It's a ...

I was a bit concerned, to say the least..
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules