Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Struggling with Video Options
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdugger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

Completely new to video manipulation and have been following advice from some of the guru's here.  P3P, shooting in d-Log 3840 x 2160 30 fps .mov   This set up creates nice video that will also play on my Sony UHD with the app on the TV.   But, when I post process the video with DJI Transcoding tool, which does improve the color on the video, it will now not play on the TV and when I try to post to Youtube, it is completely down res'd and will not give me HD quality.   The transcoded file will also not allow me to reprocess into an H.264HD file that I hoped Youtube would like better.   Any ideas of what I can change in the Transcoding tool to keep the result more compatible and especially not screw up TV playback

Thanks very much!

2016-2-6
Use props
WetDog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

There are lots of ways to go.  Not sure what the DJI transcoding tool pumps out but from what I read the Mac version has some problems.  If you want to waste the rest of your life doing post processing work you can download some incredibly powerful programs for free like DaVinci Resolve.  But there is a pretty steep learning curve.  On the Mac, the Movies app works OK to start with.  I'm sure there is a basic Windows program that can edit and do basic color work.

The GoPro Studio (also free) can take MOV files. I'm not sure if it understands D-Log.  However, if you aren't going to post process, you gain nothing by using D-Log.  Use another "Color" like "None" and if you want more saturation or pop, try one of the other settings.  The ONLY advantage that D-Log has is it allows you to manipulate the images further without them breaking down into digital mush.  Coming out of the camera, D-Log looks pretty bad.
2016-2-6
Use props
cdugger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

Thank you very much.....
2016-2-6
Use props
Beau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video editing programs may help...Premiere...Final Cut Pro. With video production comes a lot of learning though.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules