Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 standard moire video problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

I have a problem with my Phantom 3 standard video. It looks somewhat like moire interference: closely spaced horizontal lines flicker or vibrate. I often fly over the waterway behind my house where there are many docks sticking out into the water. As I fly over them so that they form horizontal lines on the video they start to look like they flicker or vibrate. Is just straight horizontal forms at a certain angle that do this. All other parts of the video are fine. Solutions?
Thanks, Phil.
2016-2-6
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Can you upload a picture?
2016-2-6
Use props
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

I think I found the problem--or at least the solution. I wanted to edit my video on my computer rather than my cell phone; so I loaded the video into my Go Pro video editor--it was in that editor that I observed the problem. However, when I loaded the video into Windows Media Player, the problem essentially disappeared. There is something about the Go Pro video editor that doesn't like the video from the Phantom 3.
2016-2-6
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

phil.malterlaw Posted at 2016-2-6 16:29
I think I found the problem--or at least the solution. I wanted to edit my video on my computer rath ...

I would suggest it's more likely to do with the display size & scaling algorithms in the software, which should only affect the display you're editing in.  Once you save the video & watch it on another screen or in another program, it'll look ok.  I often see this when playing my 1080p videos back on my own 28" TV, but on larger TV's it's not a problem.
2016-2-6
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I find that reducing sharpness in the camera settings to -2 does the trick. Also an ND filter works wonders.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules