Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blurry image/picture on screen and app not working as it should
1739 10 2016-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andreejerrhag
New

Sweden

Hi.

I have some difficulties with the camera quality. Sometimes the app wont start either.

When i look at the screen the picture is not clear. It kind of look like the images are blurred and not sharo at all.

Any ideas what it could be and what i could do? Bought my dji phantom last week and just cant believe i have problem with it directly. Couldnt even get it to fly first and had so much problem with the update!

Going to italy next week to do some work and i really need it there.

Greatful for any help.

Best regards Andrée
2016-2-6
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What type of aircraft: Pro; advanced standard ?  4k  or 1080p ?  You did take the  lens plastic protector off correct ( I have heard this happens )
Did you try another Device ? I-pad or whatever ? this way you can confirm camera and not device.    Is the whole picture Blurred or just the Edges.
Also go to the Camera settings on the main screen menu far right, go to the tools and Re-set .  Can you post a picture ?
Also is it Blurry when stationary or when you are in flight?   In flight could be because of a out of balance prop's. or loose Gimbal.

Also was it blurry  when you first received it ?  did it get blurry after some flights or an Upgrade ?  If right after an upgrade Roll back and see if it goes away.

Make sure the lens is screwed on firmly as well, they sometimes get a bit  loose.   As far as the app not starting Make sure you do it in this order.  Turn on Transmit first  Then aircraft,  The I-pad or whatever can be be on but dont fire up the GO -App until last.  Reverse this when turning off.  Give this a try to see if this solves your problem  If Not, Delete and Re-install.
Worst case scenario is the lens is misaligned or has a lens defect.  There would be no "Fix" for this from the consumer standpoint and have to go back. ( Exchange if only 1 week old)

Lets start from Here

Cheers donnie

2016-2-6
Use props
andreejerrhag
New

Denmark

Thanks Donnie. Lens protection was taken away before flight...wish it was only that. First time I tried it I had an amazing flight, everything went smooth but the battery went low. As I was flying it back...approximately 2-3 min from the first beep and about 10 cm of the ground, just before landing it decided to go somewhere else and crash landed in the trees. I had no chance how so ever to get back the control of the dji phantom 3 pro. However, it did crash but landed soft and I couldn't see anything wrong with it except broken propeller blades. I got some new ones and I did the updates. After the update it started to be weird...if this was the update or not I don't know. But after the crash there was nothing wrong with it
2016-2-6
Use props
andreejerrhag
New

Denmark

Anyway...I will try to send you a picture  a d I will try to as you mentioned. Thanks for helping mate.
2016-2-6
Use props
andreejerrhag
New

Denmark

Sorry for missing half of the words here... the reply function is not very user friendly when you can't really see what you have written
2016-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Actually, the lens does not come loose on a Phantom, and you cannot tighten it without disassembling the camera.
2016-2-6
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-6 17:20
Actually, the lens does not come loose on a Phantom, and you cannot tighten it without disassembling ...

The lens cover is what I am referring to and that is what can become loose on the 4k.   It is right  on the front of the camera.   ( I know  that loosens  because I owned one   ) after getting more information, That's  not your problem .  Either the update screwed things up which you can simply go back to the previous firmware.  I think the crash is the cause of your problem.  Check and make sure no damage on the black flat ribbon cable on the camera and Gimbal as well as all the plug in wires .
Also with the bird and transmitter on,( with video) move the wires ( gingerly ) and see if you have any video improvement.
****Take some pictures and video  with the bird on the ground (SD Card ) and look at them closely, if they are bad, the problem is on the camera itself.  If they are perfect, the transmission board is bad. ( Not sure Technical name for it )

**Try my suggestion of rolling back the firmware and see if the problem goes away.
**Inspect the wires for any damage.
**Try the GO App on another video device.  ( doubt it but cant hurt

You may have misaligned the lens in the crash, this I believe would have to go back to DJI for repair and calibration.

Anyone else here on the forum think of anything I may have missed?

I have to go to a business dinner but will check back tomorrow.  Try my suggestions.

Cheers donnie

2016-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Firstly, can you post a clip so we can see the problem. But if you are judging the quality of the images from what you see on the display device, don't. Those images are scaled down, medium quality images and do not reflect the quality of the camera. You should be viewing the pictures/video from the SD card in the camera to judge any possible quality issues.
2016-2-6
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-6 18:42
Firstly, can you post a clip so we can see the problem. But if you are judging the quality of the im ...

Good point Geebax

donnie
2016-2-6
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-6 17:20
Actually, the lens does not come loose on a Phantom, and you cannot tighten it without disassembling ...

Sorry, I was refering to the UV filter cover over the lens.  I thought it may have been distorted or loose.  This clearly is NOT the problem after gleaning more information.  I appreciate you jumping in to help.  The more brains and Ideas the better.

Cheers donnie
2016-2-6
Use props
Vardhan
New

India

Hi,
I have P4. In that also DJI go app will blur, if i started to take off, I can't see anything.
Please give some remedy's.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules