Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you carry your Inspire?
2734 19 2016-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mick.briggs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Forgive me if this is a FAQ (I have searched but haven't found anything).

How do you guys carry your inspire when off the beaten track?

I've seen several rucksack solutions for the Phantom but nothing for the Inspire.

The OEM case is fine when you are in a vehicle but gets a bit tiresome after a mile or two on foot or on a motorcycle.

Cheers,

Mick.
2016-2-6
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

I use a backpack which fits the Inspire quite well in landing mode but doesn't offer much protection. It's much easier and more comfortable than carrying it with the case and I've used it when hiking/biking for hours to get to places to fly.

It looks very much like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Inspire-Fa ... opter/dp/B00XNDVXP2

That bag was originally designed as a cycling backpack but works fine.
2016-2-6
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hterag Posted at 2016-2-6 20:42
I use a backpack which fits the Inspire quite well in landing mode but doesn't offer much protection ...

Thanks Hterag,

May I ask if the batteries are secured in that & if so how many you can carry?
2016-2-6
Use props
filmscum
New

Jamaica

I use the Inspak from Bestem Aerial. Right now it's the best backpack available for the Inspire 1 with X3 as far as I'm concerned. If you have the V2 with X5 gimbal mount you can easily mod the pack to fit it

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Smaller than the original I1 case.

Smaller than the original I1 case.
2016-2-6
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

filmscum Posted at 2016-2-6 21:39
I use the Inspak from Bestem Aerial. Right now it's the best backpack available for the Inspire 1 wi ...

Filmscum,

Any chance of bigger pictures please?

Can't really make them out but those pictures seem to show a hard case rather than a backpack?
2016-2-6
Use props
filmscum
New

Jamaica

mick.briggs Posted at 2016-2-6 16:42
Filmscum,

Any chance of bigger pictures please?

It definitely a backpack. I'm on my iPad so I'll try uploading again. The one photo is just comparing it to the original case.

http://aerial.bestemusa.com/InsPak--Unique-Hardshell-Backpack-for-DJI-Inspire-1-X3-Waterproof-1680D-EVA-shell-Black-with-Gimbal-Lock_p_27.html
Here's a link to RCGroups on the mod I did for the X5 mount.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... amp;postcount=50249
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-2-6
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

filmscum Posted at 2016-2-6 22:06
It definitely a backpack. I'm on my iPad so I'll try uploading again. The one photo is just compari ...

Thanks very much Filmscum (cracking user name!)

Those pictures are much better.

Cheers.
2016-2-6
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Mick, I just put mine in the back seat.However, I don't hike or travel with the Inspire or Phantom.
2016-2-6
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

filmscum Posted at 2016-2-6 16:39
I use the Inspak from Bestem Aerial. Right now it's the best backpack available for the Inspire 1 wi ...

Nice looking case my friend. Thanks for posting.
2016-2-6
Use props
filmscum
New

Jamaica

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-6 17:45
Hopefully, in a day or two I'll have something to show everyone here.

My wife's friend has just f ...

Yes I had a set of those. They are readily available on eBay and Amazon for those who wish to order. In a pinch they work but any longer distance hikes and you're definitely reminded that you're carrying a suitcase on your back
2016-2-6
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

filmscum Posted at 2016-2-7 06:06
It definitely a backpack. I'm on my iPad so I'll try uploading again. The one photo is just compari ...

@filmscum -Do you think it would allow you to insert an iPad air II in place of the mini or a tight fit?
2016-2-6
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-7 06:45
Hopefully, in a day or two I'll have something to show everyone here.

My wife's friend has just f ...

Paul please do. I'm excited to see what you have coming. I'm looking for a case too other than what came with the inspire 1.
2016-2-6
Use props
filmscum
New

Jamaica

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2016-2-6 19:33
@filmscum - does it allow you to insert your iPad too into the case? Extra blades as well?

Yes Sir, I have iPad mini and hood (it will not fit the iPad Air without a mod), 5 batts total (2 proper battery slots, 2 are in the 2nd controller slot as I fly solo and 1 in the bird) there are areas in the lid for props (4 total so theoretically you could carry 16 props). It comes with a gimbal lock so you can keep the X3 attached and it's pretty solid. Also a spot for the original camera box, and a spare spot that I put my battery heater and controller lanyard in. When zipped closed I can quite literally shake it an nothing moves.

Yes Paul it is a bit fatter than the original but not as wide. This is because it is a landing mode case and the camera and gimbal are still attached. Trust me having used the straps this is by far more comfortable, but if you truly need it to accompany 8 batteries and be the same height as the original case it probably won't work.
2016-2-6
Use props
filmscum
New

Jamaica

Sorry duplicate post deleted.
2016-2-6
Use props
Sir Shepherd
Second Officer

United States

filmscum Posted at 2016-2-7 09:43
Yes Sir, I have iPad mini and hood (it will not fit the iPad Air without a mod), 5 batts total (2 p ...

filmsum - thanks. I'm looking at options for a case.
2016-2-6
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

mick.briggs Posted at 2016-2-6 20:49
Thanks Hterag,

May I ask if the batteries are secured in that & if so how many you can carry?

Hi mick.briggs,

I have one battery in the Inspire 1, one in either side pocket (they fit well, it's like they were designed for it) for a total of three and you could fit more in the bag itself but they would be loose. I also like to keep a coat in the bag at the same time to cushion not only the controller and camera box but also my back.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend this exact bag but there are other options available. I got this one because it was really cheap and immediately available.
2016-2-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just carry it by one of the carbon fiber legs and the rest of the stuff in a bulldog tote bag.
2016-2-7
Use props
filmscum
New

Jamaica

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-6 21:38
I just noticed that you're in Jamaica... I bet there's loads of scenery begging to be captured by t ...

Yes Paul I agree with you in terms of that many props. If you need 4 sets of extra props in your pack then you're doing something wrong! I carry 4 extras (which I have yet the need for) and use the extra slots for my filter wallet and a lens cloth. Oh and we are just visiting Jamaica, we live in Northern Wyong. I wanted to bring at least my Phantom but promised my wife I would be quad-free this trip
2016-2-7
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Here is how I carry my Inspire in landing mode

medkoffert.jpg
2016-2-7
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello Paul

Confort is not the word that comes to my mind when carrying my Inspire the way I do it.

BUT - the harness is very comfortable and imo good. I have never tried it with the original DJI case. I have an old (china store) suitcase (stolen from my wife). Made my own foam inside to have the Inspire in RTF mode with the X5 attached all the time. Have walked up to 10 km with it - and still alive. It works good for me and I am pleased. (People are looking strange at me of course - but I have been along for a while and I am fine with people staring.

Compare to carry the case its a dream to use. It is straight forward to use so I think you will be fine.

Nils
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules