phantom vision 2+ and h4 3d gimbal.
821 4 2016-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

I have a phantom vision 2+ but unfortunately the gimbal has stopped working, have not had a crash or bumped it its just decided not to work anymore! Have been in touch with a dji dealer and they say can look at it to see what the problem is but will cost £40 just to do that! Next option was to replace camera and gimbal but that's £400+ so ain't going for that option especially when the camera is ok! As I already have a gopro 4 thought about getting the h4 3d gimbal and put the gopro4 on that, this is were am confused I understand the h4 3d is plug and play with the phantom so am clear on that, my questions are does the gopro use its own battery power or is it taken from the phantom? Will viewing still continue through the dji vision app like normal or does that mean more expense as would need goggles and transmitter etc? Hope someone can keep me right on this please. Thanks in advance for the help or advice!
2016-2-6
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

I did what you are asking. The Hero gets it power from the P2 and you view thru the app as before. Everything works the same except you can't turn on the hero or take pictures using the app.  You have to start recording before you take off and you can grab stills from the video. Here is a link to how to hook up the hero. Post #253 by Pitcher8811
1.jpg
2016-2-9
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

dirtdummy@comca Posted at 2016-2-9 20:29
I did what you are asking. The Hero gets it power from the P2 and you view thru the app as before. E ...

link.  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2213815&page=17
2016-2-9
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

Great thanks for that much appreciated!  is there any solutions regarding taking pictures with the gopro? or would that mean a fpv screen setup?
2016-2-9
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2016-2-10 01:37
Great thanks for that much appreciated!  is there any solutions regarding taking pictures with the g ...

The gopro WiFi is good for 70' or there is a picture burst in the hero setup. I use to just grab and edit a video frame.
2016-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules