Battery Wont Charge
990 5 2016-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gherd
lvl.2
United States

I plugged my battery in to charge today and none of the lights on the battery would light up.  Checking the charge by pressing the button on the battery shows 4 bars lit but since the battery has been sitting since last weekend, I wanted to top it off.  If I turn the battery on and then plug the charger in, it seems to be charging.  In the past, I did not have to do this.  Same thing happens with 2nd battery. Any thought?

Thanks,

~V~
2016-2-7
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sounds like your batteries are fully charged. What time do you have in the setting for the automatic discharge for the intelligent flight battery in the Go app ?
2016-2-7
Use props
bluer101
lvl.1

United States

Turn the battery on first then connect to charger to top off.
2016-2-7
Use props
gherd
lvl.2
United States

It is set to 7 days.  It has been 8 days now since I last charged the batteries or flew the drone.  
2016-2-7
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

But if you press the button on the battery to check the power levels, it resets the clock and the 7 days starts again. Connect everything up and set your battery discharge to 1 day, leave it out of the bird for 3-4 days and check again and you should see the battery has self discharged.
2016-2-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Run the batteries down to 20% or so and then recharge them.  This will cycle them, allowing a better charge.
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules