Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji go app will not connect
54789 68 2016-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdlundeen
New
Flight distance : 464049 ft
United States

Tech support had me "reboot" the controller on my Phantom 4. Press the C1, C2, and photo button until you hear series of chirps. (be sure drone is off). Reboot controller.
2016-9-30
Use props
gennarodemarco
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-19 06:10
Can you please explain the difficulties you are having.
Are you on IOS or Android?
IOS 9.3.2 was r ...

Am having this same problem
Got a brand new inspire remote and USB seems dead but I can tell there power by testing it . It won't accept any type of update via USB sd card , USB stick 1.0 ,2.0.3.0. .  I've tired everything I can possibly think of
Please am desperately need help
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

gennarodemarco Posted at 2016-10-4 06:07
Am having this same problem
Got a brand new inspire remote and USB seems dead but I can tell ther ...

Does your device show a charge sign when you plug it into the RC?
If not then it may be the USB port.
Can you link the RC to the Inspire?
2016-10-3
Use props
djcliff.sr
lvl.1

Netherlands

tried this on 2 diffrent divices still crap!!!
2016-10-6
Use props
djcliff.sr
lvl.1

Netherlands

FIRST I BOUGHT A STANDARD.. PROBLEMS WITH FIRMWARE!!!! 1.6

NOW I BOUGHT A PHANTOM 4!!! F* PROBLEMS WITH DJI GO APP NOT CONNECTING TO RC!!!!

DJI !!!!!!!!!!! STOP F* UPDATING SHAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was going for inspire pro as next drone but after all my experiences with DJI im gonna sel my p4 f* this sh*t

IM FRUSTRATED HERE...........................
2016-10-6
Use props
scot
New

United States

I have seen this problem for several months on both my P3P and my brother's brand new P3P.  They both happened after a GO app update.  After trying several iterations to find the best solution, the only one that works well is once I have the RC on and then the drone on and linked, then I plug in the cable from my device to the controller and let the device start-up the GO app automatically.  I may not get a link initially but if I unplug the USB cable from the RC and re-plug it (it may take 5 to 10 tries) it has worked every time for me.  On several occasions I have gone in and cleared the GO app default settings on my tablet so that it will always ask me if I want the GO app to be the default for this device and that has helped as well.  This could be necessary for me since I also have the Litchi app on my tablet.

I am thinking it might be a flaky USB port on the RC since I can finally get a connection by re-plugging the cable several times (each time pushing the cable snuggly into the USB port on the RC).  Hope this helps until the true problem is discovered.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

scot@scotbrinkl Posted at 2016-10-24 11:24
I have seen this problem for several months on both my P3P and my brother's brand new P3P.  They bot ...

A USB port issue may be possible. Have you happened to try a different USB cable? One that may be a higher performing one?
2016-10-23
Use props
wiliamsi
New

Bulgaria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-4 06:06
Does your device show a charge sign when you plug it into the RC?
If not then it may be the USB po ...

Hi Ken,

I have similar problem, I have a phone which is not in the list of the tested devices Xperia XZ. The Go app is working as far as it can without connecting to the RC and AC.
When I plug the USB into the phone it sounds twice ( as something is connected - normally it is sounding just once) and no charging icon neither notification light.
I have the phone for a week and out of thousands try, I or it manage somehow to run, recognize and work perfect for a day, on the next day it was stop working again, and charging etc...
The phone has an option detect USB device and when pressed it says USB connected.
Note all necessary settings are done such as USB debugger ON.
Just to let you know, the rc is connecting normally through USB with other device - tested.

I hope to help me for solution
Rosen
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wiliamsi Posted at 2016-10-26 18:22
Hi Ken,

I have similar problem, I have a phone which is not in the list of the tested devices Xpe ...

I'm not sure why it would work one day and not the next.
You know the USB port and cable are good since you said other devices work fine.
So I would say that if you cannot get the phone to work all the time then you may need to get a different device that is on the list.I am sorry about that.
2016-10-26
Use props
wiliamsi
New

Bulgaria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 17:09
I'm not sure why it would work one day and not the next.
You know the USB port and cable are good s ...

Thank you for the advise Ken, fortunately my old Z still working.
I noticed sometime when I unplug the USB from the RC while it is ON, the notification led is powered for a second, as it is connected connected for a second. Few tries after that with slow, fast, hard plug in the USB into the RC does not give result, the phone is only sounding twice for usb/charger connection.
Is it possible the USB port to be partly broken, or maybe it is question of drivers, protocols or other software.
I will appreciate your opinion
Update: I have noticed when the phone is off and plugged into RC, the led comes on, and when the battery icon appears on the display the led goes off, but the phone is staying in chargeing mode, without chargeing... it is very strange on me.
Maybe it is software prolem I and hope a fix to be released soon
Rosen
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wiliamsi Posted at 2016-10-26 22:33
Thank you for the advise Ken, fortunately my old Z still working.
I noticed sometime when I unplug  ...

It's not the USB port if the other devices you have tried work fine. And you should see the charging icon. Maybe it's your phone's port?
Regardless, it may not be an error as it's not the of the recommended devices.
2016-10-26
Use props
wiliamsi
New

Bulgaria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 17:59
It's not the USB port if the other devices you have tried work fine. And you should see the chargi ...

You've gave me the most accurate answer, not as the DJI-chat support or sony support who all claiming "check approved devises"
Thank you Ken.
2016-10-26
Use props
Viridis
Captain
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Problem is, the android approved devices are years old and updated seldom.
I too cant connect Xperia XZ and I suspect it's the way the usb-c port works..
I'll try an adapter and see.
2016-11-19
Use props
Viridis
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiliamsi
I have forwarded bug reports to Sony of working Xperia devices and also from the XZ in the hope they can identify what is happening differently on XZ.
2016-11-19
Use props
Viridis
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been told that XZ does not support the USB protocol used to connect to the phantom controller.
Very silly decision imo
2016-12-8
Use props
SergioDLT
lvl.1

United States

darynfoster Posted at 2016-2-8 18:48
Hi Carmined9,

I am having similar issues.

I am having similar issues, Could you find the problem?
2016-12-9
Use props
SergioDLT
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-21 06:20
I'm sorry you are having difficulties. The IOS 9.3.2 has been verified to fix the connectivity issue.
When you plug the USB cable into your phone do you see the charge indicator?
And in the general settings when you scroll down do you see the C1?

Hello guys,

Did you were able to fix the issue?  I have the same problem with my Iphone 6 and 7plus, it shows just how to connect and never camera if I select phantom 3 pro
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SergioDLT Posted at 2016-12-9 13:26
Hello guys,

Did you were able to fix the issue?  I have the same problem with my Iphone 6 and 7plus, it shows just how to connect and never camera if I select phantom 3 pro

I have a iPhone 7plus and it's working fine, have you tried a different USB cable.
2016-12-9
Use props
Agile Media
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-23 23:42
A USB port issue may be possible. Have you happened to try a different USB cable? One that may be a higher performing one?

Yes, I have 5 USB cables and have used them interchangeably for over a year without issue.  It was only after a firmware upgrade that the problem began.

I've updated my post with the following information:
If I get the "how to connect" button instead of the "camera" button when starting the GO app, I have figured out that if I close the GO app and turn the controller off and then back on again, it will connect and give me the "camera" button.  I may have to do this 3 or 4 times but so far it has worked everytime.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Agile Media Posted at 2017-1-18 13:16
Yes, I have 5 USB cables and have used them interchangeably for over a year without issue.  It was only after a firmware upgrade that the problem began.

I've updated my post with the following information:

You can try the following to see if it helps establish a more consistent connection. First, please reset the RC using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend performing a manual reset using the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-1-18
Use props
Agile Eye Media
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 14:50
You can try the following to see if it helps establish a more consistent connection. First, please reset the RC using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

Thanks, but I've tried those before.  They seem to work at the time but the next time I want to fly then the problems have returned.

Here's a link to a video I did of a work-around I found that works pretty well for me until this problem is fixed.
2017-1-20
Use props
Mungtaeki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191391 ft
South Korea

Disconnecting First Cable?

(Micro USB to Lightning cable........ Contlloler Left.......)
2017-1-31
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416804 ft
Indonesia

I updated my phantom 4 Pro plus remote with the latest firmware, and now my DJI go app fail to start, I've tried everything resetting the unit new wires the DJI GO app can not strat.  
2017-6-10
Use props
fans3de7ea7a
New
Flight distance : 8497 ft
Bulgaria

After update RC to 1.9.2 and drone to last FW from 2017.07.06 I am can not connect to my P3A too
2017-7-16
Use props
fans3de7ea7a
New
Flight distance : 8497 ft
Bulgaria

After re lync RC to P3A life goes on . RTFM bro's
2017-7-16
Use props
mesut63788
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251585 ft
Turkey

Hi. I have a same problem.How can solve this problem.Can you explain
2017-8-9
Use props
Eric S
New
United States

I had the exact same issue, battled with this for days. Then I tried something different and I am up and running.  All updates and firmware upgrades completed on EVERYTHING.  I also deleted the DJI go APP.  Then with everything 100% charged I turned on the RC and then turned on the bird.  Then I downloaded the app again onto my ipad mini. The thing I did different was that instead of going back to main page on my ipad mini to launch the app, I decided to launch the app from inside the app store and pushed the "open" button from there. And happy news the RC and bird are now synced.
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_JHt8P0GLg1NG
New
Flight distance : 51686 ft

United States

a month since my phantom 3 would connect!!
2018-11-12
Use props
fans73da5d83

Canada

Same problem on my P3 Adv .. Everything worked perfectly till I updated the Remote to the latest software. Did the upgrade with DJI Go and all went well. update was installed and once I rebooted the remote it will not connect to DJI Go app. Can still fly the craft as the remote is still linked to the drone but no DJI Go connection. It looks like the firmware update did something to the USB connection on the remote (GL 300) .. Even tried 3td party software and even that wouldn't work. any ideas ?? BTW tried several cables, an Ipad Air 2 , 2 android devices nothing works . Cable must be good because it shows as charging when plugged into the remote.
2019-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules