I just got a standard :) but maybe advanced ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gunminkim1990
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I just got my self a standard today. Very exciting and very cool, I done around 4 flights. I cant seem to get past 270m distance at 80m. Is there anyway to maximize to go farther ?
Also I am thinking about returning it for either advanced or 4k (none pro)

do you think additional distance is worth it for advanced ?

Also are there any settings you guys can recommend me for the standard ?
2016-2-7
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The fligh distance is depending on the RC signal. The lightbridge connection on the adv/pro is better and more advanced.
Be careful the 4K is a standard with a 4K camera.

2016-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As you want longer flight distance, then the Phantom 3 Advanced or Professional models are much better equipped for you.

If the cost isn't prohibitive, move up to the Professional, it has all the bells-whistles, and will fly farther for you... .. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-2-7
Use props
gunminkim1990
lvl.1

United States

I do want distance, but I do want camera quality as well ! I am trying to figure out which one I want more lol, I cant really dash out for a professional model for sure.
I either get the 4k or the advanced...question is...does advanced go much farther than the standard ?
Also are there any settings I can do to help with the range on my standard?  in the end I would like to save money and stay with standard haha but 799 is an option
2016-2-7
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

gunminkim1990 Posted at 2016-2-8 01:59
I do want distance, but I do want camera quality as well ! I am trying to figure out which one I wan ...

I have taken my Advanced out to 2 miles without signal loss on stock antennas. I could have gone farther, but got nervous. You will not get 1/4 of that with the Standard.
2016-2-8
Use props
PLindblom
lvl.2

Sweden

gas.tube Posted at 2016-2-8 09:49
I have taken my Advanced out to 2 miles without signal loss on stock antennas. I could have gone f ...

My unmodified CE spec Phantom 3 Standard usually does just over 1700m (just over a mile) before the RC signal is lost.

With a windsurfer I've been able to reach 2153m (7064 feet)
2016-2-8
Use props
foxy-stoat
lvl.2

United Kingdom

gunminkim1990 Posted at 2016-2-8 07:59
I do want distance, but I do want camera quality as well ! I am trying to figure out which one I wan ...

If you have looked at the tutorial about the antenna, then there are a few options, listed cheapest first;

DIY windsurfer mod
ARGtek range extender
DBS range extender
Sell Standard, buy a Advanced/Proffessional.

2016-2-8
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

gunminkim1990 Posted at 2016-2-8 02:59

Ive had my Standard out 2.6 miles with a wind surfer.  Where are you flying it?  If in a very congested place all the craft will suffer distance
2016-2-8
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

PLindblom Posted at 2016-2-8 04:01
My unmodified CE spec Phantom 3 Standard usually does just over 1700m (just over a mile) before th ...

I was going off of DJI's claim of 1000m distance for the Standard (FCC mode). I know their claims seem to be over-estimated (at least they are on the Advanced). Even at 1000m, that is just over 1/2 mile.
2016-2-8
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

My Standard will not go more than about 2000 feet.  My Advanced has done over 3 miles with no loss of signal.
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules