Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to record your Screen using ios 9.2.1
5968 35 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

I need help on what software (app) to use to record my display when I'm using the Pilot App.
I'm using a Iphone 6 plus running ios 9.2.1.  I tried Shou and I can't seem to make it work.
Can someone help me out here?
2016-2-8
Use props
lingner
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Push screen lock and home button at the same time. It will put a still into the camera picture storage.
2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

I don't want screen Capture, I want to record (video) of my DJI pilot app when I'm flying.
2016-2-8
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

soupcc@hotmail. Posted at 2016-2-8 16:44
I don't want screen Capture, I want to record (video)with my DJI pilot app when I'm flying.

Why not import it via the go app after the flight?
2016-2-8
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-2-8 11:48

I believe he wants the flight video along with the flight info overlay.  
2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-2-8 11:48

That's why I'm looking for help. How do you do that?  
2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-2-8 11:53
I believe he wants the flight video along with the flight info overlay.

Thank you, that is correct!
2016-2-8
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

2016-2-8
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

One way would be record your screen and there are several tube videos on it just search Dji record with IOS. Hope you find this helpful.
2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

Wow, is it really that hard to get some help here.  I don't want to record on a Mac or PC, I just want to get a screen recording of my Pilot app with all the overlays.
I know how to do regular video's.  I have over 80 on youtube.   
2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

torinodave Posted at 2016-2-8 12:29
One way would be record your screen and there are several tube videos on it just search Dji record w ...

Yes I did that, most say use SHOU, but it won't work with ios 9.2.1
2016-2-8
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

Wow, not very grateful are you!
2016-2-8
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

I'd help, but I don't want to get yelled at.

Barney
2016-2-8
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

Try the Litchi app.  You would use Litchi instead of the DJI app.  It will allow you to video capture your screen during the whole flight.  
2016-2-8
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

Apple does not like screen recording on iOS for some reason, and if Apple doesn't like you doing it then it will be difficult.
2016-2-8
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Lucky for you  9.2.1 can be jail broken, with being jailbroken you can do all sorts of things like screen recording and other things you can't normally do... Just don't update your current version of IOS
Here's the link for Cydia "What you'll need to jailbreak" and instructions.
http://www.ios9cydia.com/ios-9-2-1-jailbreak.html

2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-2-8 13:36
I'd help, but I don't want to get yelled at.

Barney

Sorry didn't mean to come across that way.
2016-2-8
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2016-2-8
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

soupcc@hotmail. Posted at 2016-2-8 17:59
I just want to get a screen recording of my Pilot app with all the overlays...

Like this?  This is a very short example of mine...

2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-8 17:25
Like this?  This is a very short example of mine...

https://youtu.be/zm-h4VhiHUE

Thanks, I went ahead and Purchased it.  Haven tested it yet, but I think this is what I was looking for.
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

soupcc@hotmail. Posted at 2016-2-9 06:56
Thanks, I went ahead and Purchased it.  Haven tested it yet, but I think this is what I was lookin ...

What did you purchase?
I had a NVIDIA Shield and that screen recorder worked great.
2016-2-8
Use props
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-8 18:01
What did you purchase?
I had a NVIDIA Shield and that screen recorder worked great.

The Litchi Software from apple app store.  It's a third party software, that can used in place of the pilot app.  You can set way-points, POI and do the screen report all from the app.  Here is a link of one of my videos using it.  
2016-2-12
Use props
QM9aqPg3xYAJ
New

Vietnam

I know this topic is kind of old. But I just wanna put some value into it. Because I was in exactly the same thing as you've been facing. So I think sharing some helpful information here will help other users as well. In fact, there are three ways to do it.
+ Use Cydia and Jailbreak. You need to jailbreak your device first. The latest iOS version that can be jailbroken is iOS 9.3.4. You can download Pangu tool to do that. After jailbreaking, all you need to do is install tweaks such as Display Recorder and RecordMyScreen.
+ Install apps like AirShou or Vydio. These apps can be installed easily if they still have certifications. For more information, read this article: How to record iPhone screen without Cydia.
+ Use an app called Quick Time on Mac, also included in the guide I just mentioned above.
2016-9-23
Use props
Lickersfinger
New

China

soupcc@hotmail. Posted at 2016-2-9 00:44
I don't want screen Capture, I want to record (video) of my DJI pilot app when I'm flying.

Same as you. Airshou works so badly to record my iPhone. Never used it any more. I tried this screen recorder for iOS, works very well as I could record system sound and microphone. And there is no risk of JB.
2016-10-20
Use props
jeffcard
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Currently, I'm using a desktop app call acethinker iphone screen recorder that mirrors my iPhone screen to the computer and use its screen recording function to make videos. It's not that direct, but it works.
2016-11-16
Use props
cathy20
New

India

Everybody want to record to their activities on their device. Download Dr Fone recorder ios for iPhone/iPod touch devices to record home screen activities without jailbreaking the device,
2017-4-5
Use props
Donald8may
New

United States

Thank you @QM9aqPg3xYAJ for saving my life. The shou app thingy on iPhoneByte really works man. The only problem I had with it was the live feature.
2017-5-2
Use props
cherkan
New

India

I Strongly recommend this AirShou Screen Recorder which i am using for the last 2 years without errors.
For Android: AirShou Apk
for iOS : AirShou App for iOS
2017-5-19
Use props
djiuser_UtNRJBE
New

India

Don't use Airshou, it doesn't work as good as it used to. I suggest Everycord screen recorder for iOS. It works with ios 9 as well as 10.
2017-7-23
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-2-8 11:45
Try the Litchi app.  You would use Litchi instead of the DJI app.  It will allow you to video capture your screen during the whole flight.

While the Litchi app (either OS version) is not free, it isn't all that expensive. I think I paid around $25 US for mine. And definitely, one of the features I really enjoy is the ability to record the screen - as simple as touching a menu selection.

A cautionary note - if you record the screen (video) and cache video to your tablet while you're also letting the screen display what your camera sees, things get *very* busy. If you're using a "questionable" tablet/device, things may get busy enough to create lag.

My first few flights with the Litchi app saw me running the screen record all the time. Now I try to relegate the screen recording to testing episodes so I can see lots of detail during post-flight analysis.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-24
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
France

Hello
Great thread , i purchased Litchi a few weeks ago while looking for a solution , but founf this thread later , i am happy i found the ‘’Everycord’’ that i use to capture the Screen , or the Dpi GO App .

thank s.
2017-7-25
Use props
djiuser_tmwr5jd
New

United Kingdom

Why you need to record screen?
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_tmwr5jd
New

United Kingdom

If it is important, I will not recomend AirShou. Jailbreak tweaks do much better job. I suggest updating your iPhone to iOS 11 and then installing AirRecorder cydia tweak.
2017-9-4
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IOS 11will be out this month and has screen capture in controll center
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_dcxFoCu
New

India

Many of the MAC users like to access windows application on MAC OS X, but they failed to do this. Are you one among the users looking to run windows apps on MAC?
Amazing Share
2017-12-3
Use props
jamesbarret
New

Pakistan

Fortunately you can now jailbreak iOS 9.2.1 and there are plenty of jailbreak tweaks that you can use for screen recording. First jailbreak your device following the instructions on: https://www.applepit.com/ios-9-2-1-jailbreak/ and then choose any of the Cydia tweaks on: https://www.cydiageeks.com/cydia ... n-no-jailbreak.html..... I would personally suggest iRec or Vidyo, Good Luck!
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules