Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
jumping to advanced..worth it ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gunminkim1990
New

United States

I have a standard I bought yesterday, so far I am displeased with the range. I was on debate rather to go for 4k $700 none pro or advanced, and I think I ll go with advanced..as the camera for 2.7k is really good however distance for standard makes me sad. However I am not decided 100% fully to go advanced or keep the standard.
I am just curious, is it worth $300 for the advanced over standard? If its only the range thats a bit better I am not too sure if its a smart move to return standard for advanced
2016-2-8
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

No doubt: Go for it!
2016-2-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I have said this before in several other posts.  When I got the Standard,  it was about 2 weeks until I was wishing I had gotten the Advanced.  Then I got an Advanced.  I have had it for a while now,  and I do not wish I had gotten the Pro.  The Advanced is such a quantum leap over the Standard,  there is no accurate analog.  Go for the Advanced.  You will not be sorry.  I never even fly my Standard now.
2016-2-9
Use props
danieldust
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-9 17:35
I have said this before in several other posts.  When I got the Standard,  it was about 2 weeks unti ...

Thanks for your advice! I was leaning toward the standard, but $799 for the advanced with light bridge and VPS is just a steal for the price.
Good thing FedEx says it is coming in the mail on Friday, so I have the entire weekend to play with my Bird!!!
2016-2-9
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go for the best one that you can afford. Doing that you won't look back as you are doing now.
2016-2-9
Use props
aaron.ferguson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

Definitely go for the Advanced over the Standard (or even 4K IMHO) - you won't regret it.

Oh and yes she came back home! ;-)

And that was with LightBridge 1 AND in CE mode in Europe - if you buy now you'll get nearly double the range with LightBridge 2!

IMG_2237.JPG
2016-2-9
Use props
gunminkim1990
New

United States

nice, i will order the advanced, and return the standard i got from best buy. I live in bay area hopefully it will be one day delivery
2016-2-9
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

gunminkim1990 Posted at 2016-2-9 14:13
nice, i will order the advanced, and return the standard i got from best buy. I live in bay area hop ...

Good choice. I outgrew my Standard very quickly. Aside from the Lightbridge advantage the Advanced remote has more functions built in that don't require constant screen tapping on the app.
2016-2-9
Use props
teedo757
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

I have the Phantom 2, is the range of the 3 standard similar or worse?

I can get around 1500ft range on my phantom 2 and at that point I can barely see it, i'm not sure if I would want to fly it a mile out. That being said it is unnerving when my signal drops out so maybe the added stability at that range would be worth it.
2016-2-9
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The controller on the Advanced is much better for FPV flight with goggles.  For one thing,  you can install the Hdmi module on it.  For another,  you can operate camera adjustments and controls from the remote without removing the goggles.  Ands it has the Lightbridge and is just higher quality overall.  The Standard is fine for what it is,  but still,  best to spend the extra cabbage and get an Advanced.
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules