Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Missing photos
1422 5 2016-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjvolpone
lvl.2
United States

With only a few flights so far most things are going well.  Been able to record several videos, download and edit.  Fun!  During those flights I thought I shot several still photos, but upon looking on the sim card or the mobile app I have not be able to locate the photos.  While in flight I switched over from movie camera to still camera.  The shutter button seamed to be functioning as it appeared to snap the pic and also made a sound that the still photo was taken, but like I said I could find the videos but not the stills.  Am I missing something in my download?  Can the P3 pro take stills and videos on the same flight?
2016-2-9
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

You looked in the DCIM file folder on the card?

By 'SIM card' you mean the Micro SD card on the side of the P3 camera that you remove an put in your computer, correct?
2016-2-9
Use props
ryanlooney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 506083 ft
United States

I'm having this same issue. I've tried everything to recover missing photos and have had no success. The ironic thing is that the photos show up in my flight log so I can see that they were great photos and it makes it all that more bothersome that I can't download them or find them on the SD card!

Desperate for help!

2016-6-15
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

How exactly do you try to download them? To windows or mac? I shoot my stills in jpg as well dng format, and some software does not recognise dng, so they do not show up.
I usually download them direct from SD card connected via sd reader, then I just use windows explorer.
P3 can take video and photos on same flight no problem, but NOT during video recording... sounds like you know that, but just making sure. DJI app will show you if it's aware of any photos, so you can confirm. Also, while still powered on, you can go into edit in dji app, and go to photos, see if it will confirm u got photos....
GT
2016-6-15
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ryanlooney@mac. Posted at 2016-6-16 10:50
I'm having this same issue. I've tried everything to recover missing photos and have had no success. ...

If you took photos, they will be in the micro SD card.
You can take some on the ground without flying to confirm that the system is working.
2016-6-15
Use props
pauladr
New
Flight distance : 20719 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. Some photos that I shot show up in the flight record on the iPad but are not on the Phantom 4's SD card. I have looked at DCIM folder on the SD card via a reader on my PC. It contains some of the photos I do have access to but not the missing ones shown in the flight record. Very odd. I thought I was going mad but I'm obviously not alone with this issue.
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules