Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to install polarized filter
1155 7 2016-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waters212
lvl.3
United States

I just bought the 6-pack of filters from Polar Pro. I see that when holding the polarized ones up to the light, as I rotate them they seem to block different things in the field of view - much like if I held a pair of sunglasses and turned them. So, when I screw a polarized filter onto the camera at what point do I stop turning so that the appropriate rays are blocked?
2016-2-9
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

They are really not very useful for a moving platform like the Phantom. Polarizing filters are most useful when at 90 degrees to the sun. Unless you are flying a flight path like that your sky will grow lighter and darker depending on the aircraft's orientation to the sun. This can be distracting in a video. They can be used for a variety of things, but again rely a lot on orientation. They can increase situation, reduce glare, haze, etc. but again by their nature not in every situation.

http://www.digital-photo-secrets ... circular-polarizer/
2016-2-9
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.4

New Zealand

I use them as an ND2 filter, which can be quite handy when you can't change the aperture like on the phantom.
2016-2-9
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-9 13:44
I use them as an ND2 filter, which can be quite handy when you can't change the aperture like on the ...

They are so dependent on the direction of light passing through them that they still work OK for you as you change your orientation to the sun?
2016-2-9
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.4

New Zealand

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-10 03:34
They are so dependent on the direction of light passing through them that they still work OK for y ...

Not that I've noticed, the only area you will notice changes in light are blue sky, and if it's blue sky then you probably need an ND4/8. For reflections, it will either work or not work depending on rotation, and won't change by pointing the drone in a different direction.
2016-2-9
Use props
basim2
lvl.3

Australia

has anyone got an answer to his question? is there a certain way they have to be fitted?
2016-2-9
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.4

New Zealand

basim2 Posted at 2016-2-10 08:13
has anyone got an answer to his question? is there a certain way they have to be fitted?

Yes, you have to turn them until you see the reflections go away/sky darken. Unfortunately they won't stay in that position unless your lucky enough to get one that just happens to be in the perfect position at full tightness. If you really want to get it to work, fully tighten it, then loosen it off until it's in the right position, then use tape/rubber band etc to hold it in position and make sure it doesn't vibrate off.
The only way to know it's in the right position is to look at the live view image and see the effect on the image (kinda like manually focusing).
2016-2-9
Use props
basim2
lvl.3

Australia

ok thanks. good to know
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules