Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 Standard disconnects during mid flights!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fbarski
lvl.1

United States

Hello!  I am currently experiencing a problem with my last three flights.  Power on controller, bird then open the DJI app on my Samsung S5.  Says safe to fly GPS and everything is good.  Once I get the P3 up to around 150-200 ft, I get No Signal, then Disconnected "No Image is Available, whether go home?"  Green light on controller turns red.  Can still fully control the drone and if I lower it to under 100 ft or so, it will connect and say safe to fly GPS again.  Anyone know what is going on?  A problem with the controler, drone or app on my android S5?  Thanks for the help and input!  I hope I don't have to send it in for repairs!  Happens EVERYTIME now when I get her above 150-200ft it seems.  No obstructions, just fltying in in my backyard.  Adjusted and read up on antena positioning also with no luck.
2016-2-9
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

It almost sounds as if the antenna has come disconnected inside the controller.
There have been a few posts on just that subject. May want to break open the controller on have a look see.
Follow the antenna wire to it connection on the board. It may have come off or may be loose.
Something to look at.
2016-2-9
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Send the P3S and get a Phantom 3 Advanced. Trust me you will be in heaven!
2016-2-10
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

There are so many posts with people complaining about poor range on the Standard. I think it is the nature of the wifi. Many have good luck, but others can't get out very far. I had a Standard and got a mix of both. It has a lot to do with wifi interference (other wifi,trees, buildings, etc.) and your altitude. There were places I could fly out to about 1800 feet. Other places I could not get out more than a few hundred feet without losing the signal.

In the end I just could not deal with not knowing if I was going to be hampered by limited range. I returned the Standard and got the Advanced. Night and day difference and not just with the huge increase in range.
2016-2-10
Use props
anthonyohepurre
New

Venezuela

mi expererienza fue que al principio antes de la ultima actualización volaba perfectamente, lo eleve varias veces a mas de 300 metros, resulta que después de actualizar fui a volarlo y no me elevo a mas de 15 metros y aun sigo con el mismo problema no hayo alguna solución ya destape el rc verifique y esta todo bien necesito ayuda urgente
2016-2-10
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

anthonyohepurre Posted at 2016-2-11 07:22
mi expererienza fue que al principio antes de la ultima actualización volaba perfectamente, lo elev ...

Huh?
2016-2-10
Use props
Wodzu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336237 ft
Poland

Try to relink your Phantom and controller  
Let me know if it help
2016-2-11
Use props
anthonyohep
New

Venezuela

I flew perfectly after updating me now does not fly more than 10 meters I have the P3s
2016-2-16
Use props
JonF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've got the same problem, put up a post about it but no one seems to have the answer
I literally have not been able to fly my P3 standard anything higher than 50 meters before losing video and a little bit higher before losing RC, there's so many topics about changing channel's / frequencies etc but for the life of me cannot work out how to do it and just concluded that you cannot do this on the standard. So frustrating!
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules