Help with my distance on phantom 3 advanced
20780 33 2016-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm new to the drone and what actually made me want it the most was the glorification of the distance this actual drone could go which I read is apperently 2000 metres but once I'm getting to 490 metres it is telling me max distance reached and also the height of I remember correctly was apperently 1000 metres and it's not allowing me to get past 150 metres high it's really frustrating as the price I've paid and I'm being restricted of the distance I've bin told its capable of going over a mile away what's going on!? Thank.
2016-2-9
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

First, like everuone complaining about range issues, review this:

2nd.  If you are trying to go straight up, that will always give the weajkest signal strength
3rd.  There are adjustable height and distance limits in the app.   Explore them and see what they are set to.
4th.  If you are in an urban area, interference will reduce your potential range
2016-2-9
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes I understand and it makes perfect sense but my inquest was on the actual range that is set the limit it is allowing is only 500m I thought it's capable off 2000m in distance hoe do I set that range when it is limiting me at 500m ?
2016-2-10
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

phillip_edmonds Posted at 2016-2-10 09:01
Yes I understand and it makes perfect sense but my inquest was on the actual range that is set the l ...

in the DJI go app, there is a slider to enforce max distance/altitude. Do you have that enabled? I ran into that .. make sure its disabled.
2016-2-10
Use props
albertcameron4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350174 ft
Canada

phillip_edmonds Posted at 2016-2-11 01:01
Yes I understand and it makes perfect sense but my inquest was on the actual range that is set the l ...

When the limiter is turned on ,It is adjustable up to 500 m. .To go further  you need to turn off the slider  for the range limit. After that you can go as far as you want .
2016-2-10
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

You are restricted to 500 meters height in any case.  Tap the Flight Mode icon, which is to the right of the House icon in the DJI Go camera view screen.  There you can set maximum altitude (up to 500 meters above your launch point) and turn on or off (horizontal) distance limit.

2016-2-10
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Phil, if you want unlimited distance with no restrictions then you should download the Litchi app from the App Store (£10.99). The IOS version (which I use) also has waypoints which means you can send the Phantom on autonomous unlimited distance flights. The good thing is you can plan the missions at home without having to have the Phantom or controller switched on. The Android version has more features like POI etc. I believe the developers are working on adding these features to the IOS version soon.
2016-2-10
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

Last I heard Litchi had the same 500 meter height restriction, that is part of the copter software and can't be changed by Litchi.
2016-2-10
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-10 18:48
Last I heard Litchi had the same 500 meter height restriction, that is part of the copter software a ...

Dr A, I haven't had a chance to verify what you said regarding distance limitations in Litchi. Where did you hear about that? Thanks.
2016-2-10
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-11 05:45
Dr A, I haven't had a chance to verify what you said regarding distance limitations in Litchi. Whe ...

IIRC it was on the Litchi groups but can't find it now.  What I read was an answer directly from the authors saying that it was a Phantom API limit.
2016-2-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Litchi App is developed using the DJI API, and it has the 500M maximum altitude limitation built-in. Using Litchi does not get you any greater range than the Go App. Most people find their aircraft does not achieve the distance advertised, as it specifies the maximum distance under optimum conditions. You will get close to the maximum distance if you fly out in flat rural territory away from any electronic pollution, but almost never in the city.
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know if you have fixed your issue, but seems like you have the max distance on and the altitude is probably set to 150m (500m is the max, not 1000m)
2016-2-10
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

We are talking only height... aren't we?
2016-2-10
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-10 18:45
Phil, if you want unlimited distance with no restrictions then you should download the Litchi app fr ...

And you're keeping the drone in line of visual line of sight at all times on these unlimited distance flights.......?
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can you destined accessing this slider please as I haven't a clue of its where abouts!? Thank you
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's distance I'm talking off for the phantom 3 advanced I read it's a limit of 1.2 miles (2000 metres) is this the case ?
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The max distance is enabled but only displaying a max distance off 500m I can achieve that it's saying max distance reached it doesn't say anything about a greater distance
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The slider in MC settings is set to maximum and only indicating 500m
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-10 22:23
The Litchi App is developed using the DJI API, and it has the 500M maximum altitude limitation built ...

It saying I've achieved maximum distance at 500m not the 2000m advertised ?
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-10 22:23
The Litchi App is developed using the DJI API, and it has the 500M maximum altitude limitation built ...

It's telling me maximum distance reached at 500m the limit is 500m with the maximum slider switch on aswell it isn't giving me any other information about achieving the maximum distance of 2000m??
2016-2-10
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

phillip_edmonds Posted at 2016-2-11 13:33
It's telling me maximum distance reached at 500m the limit is 500m with the maximum slider switch  ...

Turn off the max distance limit and you can go past 500m
2016-2-10
Use props
phillip_edmonds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-11 04:27
Turn off the max distance limit and you can go past 500m

Ahh right so turn the slider off altogether and it goes further I'll give it a go thanks.
So when the slider is on that sets the max distance to 500m, got it thanks for the simple answer I was looking for
2016-2-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

phillip_edmonds Posted at 2016-2-12 00:50
Ahh right so turn the slider off altogether and it goes further I'll give it a go thanks.
So when  ...

When the slider is on you can set whatever limit you want (up to 500 m)
2016-2-11
Use props
fansd20a8a93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have same problem after update late software.  500 m it's nothing.  Its for chip dron but actually not for cost 1000 dol. no joy with this. Disappointed
2017-3-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansd20a8a93 Posted at 2017-3-15 21:50
I have same problem after update late software.  500 m it's nothing.  Its for chip dron but actually not for cost 1000 dol. no joy with this. Disappointed

Did you actually read any of the previous? The only limitation is in terms of altitude, it will not go above 500 Metres, that's 1640 feet in your measurements. And that is well above the altitude the FAA permits. Oh, and it has nothing to do with an update, it has always been like that.
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fansd20a8a93 Posted at 2017-3-15 21:50

DJI drones have always had a 1640ft or 500m max height limit inbuilt. For safety reasons. If people had unlimited height they would fly to a point that would be dangerous.

I do fly to the 500m max limit often where I live.  You need to allow several minutes of your flying time to get up and then be able to land. Also need to factor in the distance as well. I have done a max 22 minutes of flight time but that was only at low level 100m.

I like to land without going into low power levels so generally above 20% on high level flights. Tomorrow morning I plan on a flight that my drone will be at over 11,000 feet altitude to get a sunrise video. I bring 3 batteries which gives me enough time to get in some good video's. I have the Argtek on my P3S and have done near 13000ft distance and 30,000ft mileage and landed with 24% battery remaining.  Now that was just a distance flight at speed.  I've hit 62mph with a tail wind on my P3S.  Not so good for taking video lol.

These video's were taken at the max 1640 limit. I wont mention altitude as it's not really relevant.

2017-3-16
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

There is a setting in the DJI app that limits distance to 500 meters. Turn it off. As far as altitude, you better check the laws of your country. In Canada the max is 300 feet. USA 400 feet. These altitudes are set to avoid collisions with aircraft
2017-3-16
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Fyi I flew a Litchi mission yesterday that went out 9000ft/2744m at which point it blinked off a couple of times. It didn't affect the mission because it uploaded to the P3A. Still it's not for the faint of heart. So that was max range for me. It was 400ft AGL with clear view (not that I could see it. 1000ft is max viewing from the ground)
2017-3-16
Use props
Binsif
New
South Africa

Good day, im also having nearly the same problem but with the Phantom 3 4K. I dont understand even after setting 500meters in the settings, i still fly in the 30 beginner's meters. The drone has a problem or how? And my descending and going left/right are shaking alot. Only to go up that is smooth. Thank you.
2017-6-18
Use props
Binsif
New
South Africa

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-9 19:25
First, like everuone complaining about range issues, review this:
https://youtu.be/EHoGvvCbukA
2nd.  If you are trying to go straight up, that will always give the weajkest signal strength

Good day, im also having nearly the same problem but with the Phantom 3 4K. I dont understand even after setting 500meters in the settings, i still fly in the 30 beginner's meters. The drone has a problem or how? And my descending and going left/right are shaking alot. Only to go up that is smooth. Thank you.
2017-6-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Binsif Posted at 2017-6-18 05:47

The settings you are trying to change have to be stored in the Phantom so you must have it connected to be able to change them.
2017-6-19
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-10 10:45
Phil, if you want unlimited distance with no restrictions then you should download the Litchi app from the App Store (£10.99). The IOS version (which I use) also has waypoints which means you can send the Phantom on autonomous unlimited distance flights. The good thing is you can plan the missions at home without having to have the Phantom or controller switched on. The Android version has more features like POI etc. I believe the developers are working on adding these features to the IOS version soon.

Nope, use, or download autopilot. Way better than litchi. I have both, and I don't bother with litchi anymore!
2017-6-19
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-10 10:45

Nope, use, or download autopilot. Way better than litchi. I have both, and I don't bother with litchi anymore!
2017-6-19
Use props
Jay hi
New
United Kingdom

Rnfaust Posted at 2017-3-16 20:13
Fyi I flew a Litchi mission yesterday that went out 9000ft/2744m at which point it blinked off a couple of times. It didn't affect the mission because it uploaded to the P3A. Still it's not for the faint of heart. So that was max range for me. It was 400ft AGL with clear view (not that I could see it. 1000ft is max viewing from the ground)

Hi has anyone had trouble with the flight simulator preventing them from flying 30 feet  up and 50 away  after the latest update   I am signed in have not had time to check if drone will physically fly further   
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules