Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Jello generation
795 7 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagines.and.wo
lvl.3

Croatia

Am i mad or anyone too see yello on this vids. They are just first two random videos i went to watch.

I found since 1.6FW my device started to show jello. Did already 3 IMU/Gimbal calibrations, still changing props/calibrating daily and trying everything i can think of to get rid of jello.Testing motors (new model) without props i found out high pitch noise & vibrations on some rpm's from one motor. Added some rubber between plastic and screws that holds that motor and i believe that helped.

My device is 20days old, about 70 flights. Looking on vids i'm seeing that was great with stock FW 1.3, as i started to update and calibrate everything got worse.

I would like do some research about this jello s*&t.
I understand that almost everything can be cause

what do you think about this

• Some ruber things so this plastic case vibrate less. p3 case costs maybe $5, and depending on temperature and who knows what else, at some rmp-s random, you can feel high pitch vibrations
  • Balance props. This makes sense, but how much placebo effect here.
  • Jello software detection. what about this. it's not rocket science, just detect pattern and send notification. "You got jello! Please re-take shoot"

Cheers all.
2016-2-10
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Your mad.May be very slight in second video dawn low light shot over fields but not convinced.Interesting to see what other opinions get posted
2016-2-10
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I wrote a whole thread about Jello, the cause and the cure, and I will say quite confidently you have no jello in either of those clips. Jello is caused by vibration in the camera, and the only cure is to remove the vibration.

If you disagree, then you should say which clip, what time place in the clip and where you think it is in the frame. What I do see however, is juddering at times caused by fast relative movement, and that is largely a product of the frame rate you are using. The cure for that is to use ND filters to reduce the amount of light, adjust the shutter speed down to a lower speed and adjust exposure using the ISO setting. Using a lower shutter speed will introduce some motion blurring into the picture and that reduces the apparent effect of the motion.

2016-2-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

No Jello in the first one, but I saw maybe one second's worth about a third of the way into the second one.  BEAUTIFUL VIDEO in Italy.  
2016-2-10
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.3

Croatia

first clip,0.37 lighthouse. it's waving.. 1.00 whole field waves as he pans
second clip. 0.45

and yes. beautiful vids
2016-2-12
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.4

United States

If one of your motors is vibrating and making noise, that might just be the cause of your jello . Since your Phantom is only 20 days old, you might want to see if you can exchange it for another one from the place you bought it or barring that, send it in for warranty repair. As for those videos you found, there is just a little bit of jello in them. Not really terrible though. Keep in mind that jello's cause is not necessarily because of something being wrong with the aircraft/firmware. It could very well be caused by the way someone flies. It could also just be the wind. Take a look at how the gimbal is attached to the Phantom. The only things holding it are four wobbly little pieces of soft rubber. As Geebax said, jello is caused by vibration of the camera. It doesn't really take a whole lot to get a camera hanging from four wobbly little pieces of soft rubber to vibrate. It always amazes me that some people think they should be able to fly at top speed, while making sudden changes in direction, in 20mph gusts of wind, and have no jello.
2016-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I looked at the sections mentioned and frankly the tiny amount of jello is not worth bothering about.
2016-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules