Free Video Editor
4371 19 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Whats a good free video editor that is fast and easy to use for posting videos online?
2016-2-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The free GoPro Studio editor is a good one to try. Download it from the GoPro site.
2016-2-10
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-10 16:15
The free GoPro Studio editor is a good one to try. Download it from the GoPro site.

O cool, thanks have a GoPro but don't use it much lately.
2016-2-10
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

DaVinci Resolve 12 is the best free video editor on the market. Wayyyy better than the GoPro Studio. Everyone is talking about it on here!
2016-2-10
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a few, from super simple to amazingly advanced:

GO Pro Studio (v2.5.7)

Flash-Integro VSDC Editor (v3.3.5.411)

Sony Catalyst Browse (v2.1)

Davinci Resolve (v12.0.1.006)
2016-2-10
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

iMovie if you have Mac.
2016-2-10
Use props
Seabase195
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the Windows Movie Maker program unusable with Windows 10, many people have switched to the GO Pro program. If you have windows 7 to 8, then MovieMaker is entry level and sufficient for your use with an easy learning curve. The GO Pro program takes some getting use to and you have to save, save, and save every time you make a change or it crashes, but it's a much more powerful FREE program and you have many choices for dubs and titles without having to learn Adobe.
2016-2-10
Use props
przem426
New

Poland

hitfilm 3 express
2016-2-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-11 10:30
DaVinci Resolve 12 is the best free video editor on the market. Wayyyy better than the GoPro Studio. ...

Yes, Resolve is excellent, however it is a complex program, and may be too complex for the OP, who asked for 'fast and easy'.
2016-2-11
Use props
wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-10 23:15

GoPro Studio won't let you trim non GoPro Source material, which is a basic requirement for editing, so a pretty annoying limitation.

Ian
2016-2-13
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the process of switching from Windows Movie Maker to the VSDC Editor - it's a fairly steep learning curve but made easier after editing a few dozen movies in Windows Movie Maker.

Windows Movie Maker is a great entry level package for learning the concepts and terminology for core features and how to make them work together, but you pretty quickly discover its limitations.  However, I would recommend any new videographers spend a month or two with it before moving onto something more advanced.  TIP - keep your original footage, stills, and soundtracks used in your Movie Maker videos, then try building the same movies in the more advanced package, it'll help you to get settled quicker with the more advanced tools.
2016-2-13
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

I'm looking for one too.  I have wondershare but that only exports up to 1080.  I need a editor that I can export at 2.7k.  Otherwise ill have to upload all the videos uncut.  
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

wellsi Posted at 2016-2-13 20:47
GoPro Studio won't let you trim non GoPro Source material, which is a basic requirement for editin ...

It is fine if you import the material into GoPro Studio and edit it as AVI.
2016-2-13
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-11 19:39
Yes, Resolve is excellent, however it is a complex program, and may be too complex for the OP, who ...

Most full featured programs have a steep learning curve but in all honesty its well worth persevering with a feature rich app than a simple one , people say I dont need the extra features but they do when they know how to use them only they dont see that when starting out , nothing is too hard to learn it just takes time I remember starting with Photoshop and thinking  holy hell this is hard , before long I was flying around in it and was mesmerized by what it could do , that was 20 years ago today I can just about jump into any new program and stumble my way through right from the get go  , I believe you should go with the most featured program you can get and learn it .
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RodB Posted at 2016-2-14 10:59
Most full featured programs have a steep learning curve but in all honesty its well worth persever ...

Very true. But Resolve is not particularly intuitive, it assumes the operator is a fully trained Colourist and there are many features that are hidden from plain view. I use it all the time, but I am mindful that others might find it a bitch to use.
2016-2-13
Use props
diiennojs
lvl.1

United States

Seabase195 Posted at 2016-2-10 19:49
With the Windows Movie Maker program unusable with Windows 10, many people have switched to the GO P ...

I have Windows 10 and use Movie Maker all the time. It works fine.
2016-2-13
Use props
timmdd
lvl.1

Taiwan

Well........I think if you want to post video online, you mean video sharing website like youtube, vimeo, myspace and yahoo video ? Or other use like some need of Htiml 5 video or WEBM ? If yes, I mean, just for example here, the video editor you're looking for should hand the problem of uploading video to online web site like the limit of format, duration, aspect ratio and maybe some other restriction due to some time our video are been rejected by them... and if I could help for this, some dvd converter can do this, it's a easy and free video editor which can perfectly solve this problem, if you have.
Hope I can help, good luck.
2016-2-16
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-11 01:30
DaVinci Resolve 12 is the best free video editor on the market. Wayyyy better than the GoPro Studio. ...

Yes I forgot that DaVinci Resolve 12 is free some piont are better than GoPro Studio. Easy to work with luts, fantastic color grading controls to. What Geebax said is more complex to work with. Yes is good for colorist to work with Davice Resolve. I think he just have try some editing software and find out what best work for you. There is no bad or better software just find out what work for you.
2016-2-16
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

wellsi Posted at 2016-2-13 17:47
GoPro Studio won't let you trim non GoPro Source material, which is a basic requirement for editin ...

Actually it does allowing trimming in step #2. Bring the video in using step 1, then convert and trim everything in step #2. It is really fantastic
2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules