Which firmware update do we download / mount?
1372 10 2016-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

I downloaded the december 28 / 1.4.8 firmware but it bricked it ( wifi module shutdown)

I now have recieved a NEW osmo from the "repair" center. Do I install this one again , with the threat of bricking or.....

Any feedback appreciated !

EXPO
2016-2-11
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

the latest firmware will work fine, the one that says dicember 25, thatwas theone that bricket some osmo units.
2016-2-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Maybe just check the the app to see what FW is on your NEW osmo, it may already have the latest FW on it.
2016-2-11
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

If I was u I will waiting for a stable firmware...
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Probably, DJI maintenance staff have already helped upgrade it to the latest FW version, please check it out first. In addition, right now, the latest FW version can work normally because DJI engineers has optimized the assistant software after some issues caused by the first published version on 25th Dec. of 2015. So, please do not worry! Plus, we'll be here to help you for any problem. Thanks for your support to DJI!
2016-2-14
Use props
simler
lvl.2
Canada

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-12 07:31
Maybe just check the the app to see what FW is on your NEW osmo, it may already have the latest FW o ...

My new Osmo was out of date.It says that you will be Alerted by the app of new Firmware.Mine does not  do that and I tried updating with an Sd card after downloading latest file and NOTHING happens.
Very frustrating please help!
2016-3-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

simler Posted at 2016-3-10 16:55
My new Osmo was out of date.It says that you will be Alerted by the app of new Firmware.Mine does  ...

Hi, check if the the osmo needs updating, if it dose follow the tutorials from dji on how to update, only do the update through the sd card not the app
2016-3-10
Use props
simler
lvl.2
Canada

Did you READ my post it clearly states I tried doing update through the SD card and that it does not work. Followed ALL tutorials to the letter and still no luck! Anyone else have a suggestion. Tried reinstalling app and nothing! FRUSTRATED. And YES it needs to be updated as the current version is out of date.
Thanks in advance to anyone with a solution.
2016-3-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

simler Posted at 2016-3-11 01:39
Did you READ my post it clearly states I tried doing update through the SD card and that it does not ...

Other people have had this trouble too some have successfully updated after around 20 attempts, If yours has failed u will have to contact DJI, as DJI-Adela has suggested in your other post
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simler Posted at 2016-3-10 16:55
My new Osmo was out of date.It says that you will be Alerted by the app of new Firmware.Mine does  ...

Hello, there
Please be noticed that the DJI GO App doesn't support the upgrade of the latest firmware v1.4.1.80 of the Osmo, so the App won't give the user any reminder about the firmware v14.1.80.
Please follow up below steps to do the upgrade, if you can't upgrade it successfully, you may need more trial. For any problem, please feel free to let us know, we'll try to help.
1. Download the latest FW assistant software at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2. Extract the assistant software, move the *.bin to the root directory of the SD card (Ensure there is enough storage and your battery is fully charged, you'd better format the SD card into FAT32 firstly).
3. Power on the Osmo to begin upgrading.

Note: The power status indicator will shine solid green during a normal upgrade, and the camera indicator will blink red and green alternatively. The power status indicator will change to solid green after the upgrade is finished.
The storage location of log files for upgrade is ‘Micro SD-Misc/log/OSMO_FW_LOG_AB_txt’.

4. Restart the Osmo and ensure the Camera Status Indicator is off for normal use.
2016-3-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

simler Posted at 2016-3-11 01:39
Did you READ my post it clearly states I tried doing update through the SD card and that it does not ...

Maybe try to remove the files from the sd card after the update, then start your Osmo don't leave the files on the card
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules