Charging Hub - Multiple Batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I know this is a dumb question, and I'm assuming that the charging hub is designed to charge more than 1 battery at a time... since it has 4 ports.... Am I missing something. I had 3 batteries connected... 1 was flashing green (Charging) the other 2 were staying a steady yellow.... like forever. I have the 100W DJI charger connected to it. I used the standard 57W charger connected directly to one of the other batteries to verify they work.... charge without issue. Do I have a bad hub?
2016-2-11
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

No, the charging hub from DJI will still only charge one battery at a time sequentially.
It will start with the battery that has the lowest charge I believe, then move on to the next and so on.
It does charge then a little faster than one that came with my Standard.
I also have one. Thought the same thing. Then I read the instructions...LOL

The good part about it is that if you purchased the power supply to go with it, you got one that has a bit
more power than the original that came with the Standard.
Hope this helps you out.

Mike
2016-2-11
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Ok. 1 at a time.... at least you don't have to unplug 1 and plug in the next. I bought the hub and the 100W separate. Since I have the P3A... I thought I'd get the better charger to help get these batteries charged a bit faster. Guess I should learn to not assume.
2016-2-11
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Well, they do charge a little faster in the hub.
The benefit I guess is the fact that you can plug them all in at once and charge them.
I do it all the time. I hardly ever use the original charger I got with the drone.

Mike
2016-2-11
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Check this out, been hearing lots of good stuff about it. Does anyone have one of them yet?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01423XBU6
2016-2-12
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Seen that. I might have tried that if I didn't already buy DJI Hub.
Also, I am still on the fence with 3rd party stuff with the DJI equipment that I have that is still under
warranty. Don't know exactly how DJI would react to a claim when using a 3rd party charger.
I don't know even if they could tell or not unless you told them.

Mike
2016-2-12
Use props
waters212
lvl.2
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-11 22:03
No, the charging hub from DJI will still only charge one battery at a time sequentially.
It will sta ...

Actually it starts with the most charged one first. This way you get a fully charged one in the shortest time possible.
2016-2-12
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Exactly. I forgot to mention that part. Thanks for the input.
2016-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules