Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Removing the Camera Face to put on a ND Filter
792 7 2016-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soupcc
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a ND 6 filter I want to put on my camera.  Its the type that's treaded and need to screw on.But for the life of me, I can not un-screw the DJI camera face off.  Anyone know a trick to help me out here?

2016-2-12
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

I tried everything......then read about the zip tie. Put a zip tie on it snug, and it will come off easily.
2016-2-12
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The ring skin is razor thin and most grasp it incorrectly, applying too much presure. This thread shows the basic concept: http://forum.dji.com/thread-14931-1-1.html
Use anything to grasp it evenly around the outer edge and it comes off easily.

Another similar discussion (rubber band/zip tie, etc.) is HERE
2016-2-12
Use props
Airwolfe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

I carefully used and exacto razor knife and went around the DJI camera lens then holding the camera firmly the lense came off.
2016-2-13
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

As terrylewis said any form of rubber to help get as much grip as possible with minimal pressure is the best.
After struggling for ages. I read a few of the posts on the forum,and ended up using a rubber kitchen glove (came right off).
2016-2-13
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

You did not indicate which Phantom you have. If it is a Standard, there is no removable lens cover.
2016-2-13
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. Wrap your fore finger and thumb around the lens cap and just hold it there for a couple of minutes to warm just the lens cap.
2. unscrew the lens cap.
2016-2-13
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Jeez , all this talk about screwing it's face off! ......................
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules