How far away can a pilot and cameraman work away from each other
1543 6 2015-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cableguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1899721 ft
Canada

Does anyone know if a pilot is in one location and the cameraman is 1km away if there would be any issues THX

2015-1-5
Use props
matt
lvl.1

United States

the master remote talks to the inspire.. the slave (camera) remote talks to the master remote.  ( not sure how close they need to be.  )
2015-1-5
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

matt Posted at 2015-1-6 04:30
the master remote talks to the inspire.. the slave (camera) remote talks to the master remote.  ( no ...

Hi, hope this answer helps. The dual operator mode is made possible via the Master remote, which means the camera operator ( slave remote ) needs to be at a maximum 50 meters distance from the drone pilot, Master Remote.
From what I have read in the manuals and some online reveiws, the only remote that connects directly to Inspire is the Master remote.

2015-1-5
Use props
cableguy
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Matt, very interesting
I just got off the phone from DJI and they said the 2 controllers work independent from each other and talk to the inspire directly as long as both remotes remain within the 2km range of the inspire
If some out there want to test it out let me know how it goes
Thanks
2015-1-5
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

cableguy Posted at 2015-1-6 06:36
Thanks Matt, very interesting
I just got off the phone from DJI and they said the 2 controllers wor ...

Not sure that's correct, cableguy. Who at DJI gave you that info? According to Tahoe-Ed, an RCGroups forum support person and beta tester who works for DJI, the only communication that occurs between the Master RC and the craft is via 2.4 Lightbridge . The Slave RC communicates via 5.8 to the Master only, not the craft.  
2015-1-5
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

The master and slave better be located within a distance of 50m. They are not independently talking to the craft.
2015-1-5
Use props
cableguy
lvl.1
Canada

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-6 09:01
Not sure that's correct, cableguy. Who at DJI gave you that info? According to Tahoe-Ed, an RCGroup ...

Thanks for the info, that's what I thought. I called the DJI LA help line and that was the info he gave me
I guess we are all going to have some growing pain with the inspire  
2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules