Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controlling multiple Osmos?
1500 9 2016-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronnyg1dc
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

One of the features I like about the osmos is the ability to control it remotely.
Is there a way through the app to control multiple ones? Maybe in a future release or 3rd party?
I could see the feature being very useful filming weddings, concerts any event needing multi cameras. Would be cool to sit back and control all through one app.

BTW what is the plural spelling of Osmos? LOL
2016-2-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe it's " osmosis "
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

The DJI GO App controls the Osmo via Osmo WiFi, I'm afraid it's difficult to connect one device to multi WiFi, the multi WiFi environment may cause interference which leads to poor performance of the Osmo.
Do you have any creative idea?
2016-2-13
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have preferred a plugin instead of Wi-Fi
2016-2-14
Use props
ronnyg1dc
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-13 22:21
The DJI GO App controls the Osmo via Osmo WiFi, I'm afraid it's difficult to connect one device to m ...

I was thinking of something like a local network where multiple devices connect to one WFI signal.  The tablet or phone would be the modem and control the multiple osmos. How do network cameras send signals back to the control room? Yes a director is telling the the cameramen, what to do, but since the osmo can be controlled without a physical touch could it be done?
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-15 02:04
I would have preferred a plugin instead of Wi-Fi

WiFi is more convenient for remote control so that you can use the Osmo more flexibly. What's more, the DJI GO App is designed for mobile devices, such as ipad, iphone, which only support WiFi connection.
So, why would you prefer a plugin one?
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ronnyg1dc Posted at 2016-2-15 02:57
I was thinking of something like a local network where multiple devices connect to one WFI signal. ...

That's a very interesting and creative idea! But, up to now, the tablet and the phone can not be used as modems, right? I'm not very clear about how the control system in a professional monitor room works, but I think there must be lots of data links used..About your idea of controlling the Osmo thru multiple devices, I'm considering the signal interference, the Osmo itself will be confused if it receives multiple command signals...Then, how do you think?
2016-2-14
Use props
ronnyg1dc
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-14 21:48
That's a very interesting and creative idea! But, up to now, the tablet and the phone can not be u ...

A phone can be used as a modem. I think the issue is you connect to the osmo WfFi signal and not the other way.
2016-2-16
Use props
dorgesoft
lvl.1
United States

By using a Multi-point Access Router, Unfortunately, I am Unsure where you would Find one that is Portable and one that the DJI GO APP would See as 2 Separate Devices.
2016-2-16
Use props
Studio86
lvl.1

United States

has this been figured out yet? how to control multiple cameras at once?
2021-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules