Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 Vision Plus Check HERE FIRST
19933 22 2014-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

FOR NEW OWNERS OF THE DJI PHANTOM  

It'll save you going through pages and pages...   Happy Flying                           

1.   If you’ve crashed it and bent the gimbal or tore the little black ribbon cable, you can only send it back to DJI for repair or buy a new camera/gimbal   combination. You CANNOT substitute a GoPro camera with a Zenmuse. End of story. Contact you dealer or DJI.

2.   If your gimbal is shaking and vibrating or off the level, you may be able to repair it following the advice here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19653&hilit=solved

3.   If the gimbal is off level slightly, a full IMU recalibration in the software assistant may cure it.

4.   If you remove the camera/gimbal, you will not be able to see anything in the app.

5.   The camera is NOT replaceable with a GoPro.

6.   If you dunk your V+ in sea water throw it away. Little apart from the plastic is worth saving.

7.   If you dunk your V+ in fresh water, get it out as quickly as possible and take it apart. Use a hair drier liberally and then put everything in a sealed container and cover it in uncooked rice. Leave it there for three or four days before attempting to turn it back on.

8.   Do not take off until you have home point recorded. This is the second set of rapidly flashing green lights. The number of satellites indicated on the   app will turn blue.

9.   If you lose satellites when in flight, the craft will enter ATTI mode and MAY get blown away. This is not a fly away, it is normal. Take control of your aircraft.

10.   When taking off from the ground give it full throttle and release when it gets up a few feet. Let it sit and hover for a while to make sure it responds to all of the controls.

11.   You cannot turn down the yaw sensitivity. Learn to be more gentle with the controls.

12.   You cannot adjust the Return to Home height. It is either current elevation OR 20m (66feet) whichever is highest. If there are buildings or trees in the way when flying at this elevation on Return to Home, the aircraft WILL hit them.

13.   When using waypoints, the craft will fly from the ground to the first waypoint altitude gradually. Imagine a wire stretched between the waypoints that you have added. If there is a tree or a building on that travel route, the aircraft WILL hit it.

14.   The aircraft will complete its waypoint mission even if the transmitter is turned off. It will hover above the home point until you regain control by flicking S1 to ATTI and back again.

15.    Use of prop guards, as these are almost universally accepted to enhance a wobbling state when hovering or descending called Vortex Ring State (Google it). GOOD FOR TRAINING
16.   Standard props and batteries are good.

17.   Flickering in video may be caused by the props creating shadows. A little electrical tape to shield the lens often helps. Or Get Lens Hoods. Check EBAY

18.   There are lots of opinions on using the latest firmware. And everyone will tell you something different. I always use the latest. Just my preference.

19.   If using Windows to upgrade firmware, you have to download the DJI drivers first.

20.   The ‘7th channel’ lever (if you added it) to control tilting the camera down will not work when the app is switched on. Developers are working on a solution but it’s not ready yet.

21.   Booster apps are available to extend the FPV range. Some do a modification with shields behind the antenna to reflect the signal.

22.   There are numerous upgrades to antenna to extend both control range and FPV range.

23.   You can switch the aircraft from Phantom mode to NAZA mode to enable other goodies such as Intellegent Orientation Control (course lock and home lock).

24.  The camera is NOT replaceable with a GoPro. A solution will be released soon. http://youtu.be/1y_aB4gylS8

25.   When flying waypoints you can not control the direction of the unit. You can control the pitch of the camera, but not the yaw of the craft.

26.   When flying in IOC Home Lock or Course Lock you can control yaw, while remaining on course.

27.    If your battery starts to bloat or get puffy, it is bad. DJI only warranty's batteries for 3 months.

28.    Vortex Ring State or Prop Wash can happen even without Prop Guards. So be careful when descending.

These are some common questions by new users of the Phantom 2 Vision + (DJI is not responsible for this post.)

Android Users:

Solution: Some Android devices do not allow for both a Wi-Fi connection and a mobile data connection at the same time.When trying to connect to the Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi network, most devices will check whether an Internet connectionhas a certain Wi-Fi setting enabled, e.g. Auto network switch or Test for Internet connection. If no Internet connectionis found because the Phantom 2 Vision+ creates a non-routable connection it will drop the Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi network connection and scan for the next available connection. Example: For the Samsung Note 3, carry out thefollowing procedures to solve this issue. Tap Settings -> Wi-Fi, and then tap the “Menu” button. Select “Advanced”then uncheck the “Auto network switch”. You might see a warning that indicates the Internet connection is unstable thismessage can be ignored.

2014-9-26
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good stuff right here! Thanks for taking the time to list it.
We could add:

- when flying waypoints you can not control the direction of the unit. You can control the pitch of the camera, but not the yaw of the craft. When flying in IOC Home Lock or Course Lock you can control yaw, while remaining on course.

- if your battery starts to bloat or get puffy, it is bad.

- Vortex Ring State or Prop Wash can happen even without Prop Guards. So be careful when descending.

What else gang?
2014-9-26
Use props
josephbobowicz
Second Officer

United Kingdom

From what I understand you will be able to replace the gimbal on a P2V+ and fly with a GoPro camera as well as other 3rd party cameras. In addition it will work with theVision app as well as ground station. Watch this video to see what this group has in the works. From what I gather this solution will be released soon. http://youtu.be/1y_aB4gylS8
2014-9-26
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

Thank you for this list, it is very helpfull for us, newbies of the air.
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-9-27 14:49
From what I understand you will be able to replace the gimbal on a P2V+ and fly with a GoPro camera  ...

That is true, there are several companies currently getting ready to release similar products.
It would be nice if DJI did the same thing. It would be a good business decision for them to do it as well.
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

jprpires@gmail. Posted at 2014-9-27 19:25
Thank you for this list, it is very helpfull for us, newbies of the air.

It's no problem at all, It was put together from experience and from other sites as well.

Anyone has quick tip, want to add anything to the list feel free to post your comment.
2014-9-27
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-9-27 14:49
From what I understand you will be able to replace the gimbal on a P2V+ and fly with a GoPro camera  ...

These guys are doing some really great things. I like the DRonin too. I want to buy everything they offer! haha. The conversion to USD makes it a bit pricey for me though. But I really like the quick release and am glad we may have that option soon.
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-27 22:56
These guys are doing some really great things. I like the DRonin too. I want to buy everything the ...

That option is awesome, it's going to save me about $1200. As I have Gopro Hero 3+ Black sitting around.
I was getting ready to drop the bomb on a third configuration. Now I waiting for this to come. Hopefully they will be shipping soon. \m/
2014-9-27
Use props
josephbobowicz
Second Officer

United Kingdom

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 22:02
That is true, there are several companies currently getting ready to release similar products.
It ...

Dronexperts kit is available to preorder at this point. I came across that info earlier in the day. It is fairly expensive however for those that happen to have say an Zenmuse gimbal and GoPro in there arsenal of goodies it certainly is more digestible price wise. Here are the details from the preorder page: http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... i-phantom-2-vision/
2014-9-27
Use props
josephbobowicz
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-27 22:56
These guys are doing some really great things. I like the DRonin too. I want to buy everything the ...

Tony it is available for preorder at the moment (Dronexpert Gimbal Setup). Yikes! It is expensive considering you still need to buy a gimbal and camera. However the though of having that setup and having your say gimbal fail and just being able to replace it is tempting. Personally I have been lucky with my stock camera setup. I have 82 flights under my belt as of this evening. Here is the link to the preorder page if you care to check it out: http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... i-phantom-2-vision/
2014-9-27
Use props
FromAdronesEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-9-28 02:36
Tony it is available for preorder at the moment (Dronexpert Gimbal Setup). Yikes! It is expensive  ...

Thats cool! I little expensive! but thanks for sharing!
2014-9-28
Use props
rkroum
New

United States

Just opened my PV2+.  RC assistant on Windows platform does not recognize my controller.  Everything charged.  Original micro USB not shipped with unit so used my own.  Used two different cords, downloaded RC assistance two different times.  Ideas?
2014-10-25
Use props
insitb
lvl.4

Singapore

hd_ultra, I'd add to #7 that just drying out the copter will likely not be as successful in bringing it back to life as first dousing it liberally with (or better yet, submerging it fully in) rubbing alcohol or distilled water. Ponds, lakes, ditches etc tend to have lots of crap dissolved in them, which comes out as goo after the water has evaporated. This goo can then cause issues in the electronics later.

2014-10-25
Use props
support
New

United States

helihobby.com -

Hi there,

We can replace the ribbon for you (as long as the gimbal, motors and camera are not damaged).
We charge a flat fee of $160 to replace the ribbon cable for the Phantom 2 Vision + camera/gimbal unit . This price includes labor and parts.

For more info please visit:
http://www.helihobby.com/multiro ... repair-service.html

Repair center location: California, Los Angeles County.
2015-1-12
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.3

United States

Commercial activities are not permitted on this Forum
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
You should read the forum rules
2015-1-12
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.4

United States

Hoping not to be too commercial here but I flew a GoPro Hero 4 and Hero 3 (both black) on my Vision 2 Plus tonight. The Dronexpert stuff is the real deal. I assembled the Sony RX100 kit tonight and am going to shoot 20 megapixel stills with it. Drone on. BTW, I think it's worth the money.
2015-1-12
Use props
guymacdonald
Second Officer

Australia

12.   You cannot adjust the Return to Home height. It is either current elevation OR 20m (66feet) whichever is highest.....

Is that statement now out of date?

Regards

Guy MacDonald
2015-1-13
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Thank you very much for this list. I appreciate item 10 about taking off with full throttle. I have not flown mine yet thanks to cold wet rainy weather. My tendency would have been to try less than full.

I do think item 12 about return home height is out of date. The latest Assistant does let you set a return home height as well as a maximum list.
2015-1-13
Use props
scrufytam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1026309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this list. I think my gimbal may be slightly bent after I dropped my P2V+ while doing a compass calibration. My videos have noticeable jello now, when it used to be smooth. When I dropped it, nothing came loose or broke, and it fell into grass. I have done and advanced IMU calibration, checked my gimbal mounts for tearing or sitting on the pins. It still free floats. the only think I notie differently is that the gimbal clamp is a little harder to install.
2015-6-29
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain
United States

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2015-1-13 18:53
12.   You cannot adjust the Return to Home height. It is either current elevation OR 20m (66feet) wh ...

I'm thinking it must be. I have mine set to 200' due to trees. I'm glad they changed it!

Barney
2015-7-7
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

point 1 and 5 and 24 are the same

also

20.   The ‘7th channel’ lever (if you added it) to control tilting the camera down will not work when the app is switched on. Developers are working on a solution but it’s not ready yet.

If the Vision I have is anything to go by when you activate the 7th channel lever by choosing the upgraded controller in the phantom assistant, the app stops responding to pitch commands, however apps such as Lichi and Ultimate flight app will allow both the lever and app to work the pitch control

2015-7-8
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-9-28 02:36
Tony it is available for preorder at the moment (Dronexpert Gimbal Setup). Yikes! It is expensive  ...

The DE is expensive - steer clear. If put your eggs in one basket and attach your gimbal+gopro+DE system+DEplate and lose the phantom, you end up with a left over useless Vision plus Camera and swap plate...

However you should save $400 with the link below..
This is a permanent solution if you have killed your Vision Plus camera+gimbal. The mod is reversible.
Cost is a $10 zenmuse cable. Just need to open up the phantom and redirect 1 cable to the cam port.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2213815&page=17

Mathematically (before the release of the P3), this was the cheapest setup (arguable).
Estimates are in AUD$$$
$1500 for PVP+.
Sell the new camera+gimbal for $400-$600.
Purchase H33D for $400 and $10 cable.
Now I don't factor the gopro3 as it can be used for other purposes.
Cost now is $1400 and you have a better video camera.

As you can see.. you can now use the DJI app and gopro and have 2 way communications and the setup is cheaper than the P2/AVL58/Black Pearl/miniIOSD.

*NOTE, you will lose the ability to control the gopro settings mid flight - this is no different to the  P2/AVL58/Black Pearl/miniIOSD setup.
2015-7-8
Use props
alexshop237
New

Russia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-7-9 10:04
The DE is expensive - steer clear. If put your eggs in one basket and attach your gimbal+gopro+DE  ...

У меня проблема с Phantom 2 vision plus v3. После падения перестал запускатся. Не отвечает на пульт и к компу не подключается. При включении светятся огни в таком порядке красный, зеленый, жёлтый и обратно жёлтый, зеленый, красный и сразу сигнал пик...пик...пик... и т.д. вот видео Что можно сделать???? В чем проблема????
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules