Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FW update spoiling flying characteristics?
846 7 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shiddelston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not an expert flyer for sure, but after the latest update I feel my inspire does not turn nearly as smoothly as it did prior to the update. Might DJI have changed the flying characteristics to suit the new motors, or something else? I felt it wasn't flying as smoothly and when I look back at older footage it seems to have been a LOT smoother in turns. Anyone else?
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latest firmware has battery management software to protect the battery in cold weather operations.
2016-2-16
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well  I cannot fly a straigt line forward and back anymore. Also orbit in DJI GO makes endless corners - however as I dont use DJI GO normally I am not sure if this is new or has always been like this.
2016-2-16
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You referring to 1.3.0.60?
No, haven't noticed any differences in flight.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-2-17 03:54
Well  I cannot fly a straigt line forward and back anymore. Also orbit in DJI GO makes endless corne ...

Ok, that's a different thing then.
Have you calibrated the IMU and compass?
If so and it still will not track, please make a 100ft flight going forward then back to you.
Then upload the DAT file of that flight to Dropbox and I will have the flight analyzed.

Here are the instructions if you do not know how to do it.

To get the DAT files you power up the aircraft, controller, app. Go into MC settings, then Advanced settings, then enter flight data mode, connect the Phantom to your home computer via USB post (on the aircraft, not the gimbal)
You'll hear the Phantom beeping and it won't stop until all the flight records are copied onto your computer.
Use the DJI Pilot app to enter "Flight Data Mode".  

1. Click the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings menu.
2. Choose the blue highlight icon to enter the MC Settings menu.

3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. Select "Enter flight data mode".

There will be a prompt that tells you to connect the Phantom 3 via USB cable and you will be in flight data mode.
A drive will show up on your computer that contains a log file for the most recent times you have turned on your

Only upload the last flight with the issue to Dropbox.
2016-2-16
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Machoman Posted at 2016-2-17 06:54
Well  I cannot fly a straigt line forward and back anymore. Also orbit in DJI GO makes endless corne ...

Straight course tracking was broken back in V1.3 along with vertical stability in turns.
Many people reported this, no fix has arisen.
2016-2-16
Use props
smirob155
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have also noticed differences in flying characteristics !!! The most obvious is the rate of climb has become very slow which is very annoying. With this and the ridiculous battery managemnet that has been implemented which stops the aircraft arming below 15degrees C has forced me to re- load the previous firmware !!! DJI you must remember there are a lot of us using the inspire to earn our livings with and firmware upgrades making such radical changes without informing us exactly what has been changed is not only unproffesional but also potentially dangerous. We need to have more information regarding upgrades and also when we have a good working setup we dont need to be constantly reminded by the go app that we need to upgrade !!!

We dont get the same treatment with the A2 controller or wookong so why all the grief with the inspire firmware !!!
Also last beef !!! When are we going to be able to buy all spare components for the inspire ??? As commercial operators we cant afford to send it back to DJI everytime we get a minor hicup we need to be able to maintain it ourselves like every other product you sell why is the inspire not supported in the same way ??? We have spent many thousands of pounds on your equipment but seem to get penny pinching product support...

Regards rob

2016-2-16
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

smirob155@aol.c Posted at 2016-2-17 00:26
I have also noticed differences in flying characteristics !!! The most obvious is the rate of climb  ...

Thats strange I had no problem flying with 1.6 and -5C even without isolation stickers. I was rather surprised that I also did not experience notably reduced flighttime. Your problem cannot be only the firmware 1.6
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules