Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anarchy for the UK
It's coming sometime and maybe

SOON

after I found I live inside Geo-fence zone, thankfully only in the Enhanced Warning Zone, just outside of the Warning Zone but only a mile or so from the restricted zone.

In-fact, if I pop to my mates over the valley I've had it - his restricted!

Darn these airports!

However, I suppose it has to be done but that means there should be no further CAA rules!
2016-2-17
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe try the beta firmware, where you can switch off the restriction on most zones.
2016-2-17
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-17 15:08
Maybe try the beta firmware, where you can switch off the restriction on most zones.

As much as I hate DJI Geofence.....Im beginning to lean with nigelw  with this one...
These are Toys and not tools.  
Might as well use the beta and see if its of any benefit. if it does not work you're no more screwed then you are already.
Next Time  just anti up the 15k on a higher end model when you get a new one... if we want to use these for anything other then weekend camping trips....
we have to get away from these consumer products... just quit buying these  POS and get a real drone.
2016-2-18
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Downgrade your firmware and don't install the latest software and you will be fine and not have to worry about these ridiculous self imposed restrictions.
2016-2-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-2-18 22:24
As much as I hate DJI Geofence.....Im beginning to lean with nigelw  with this one...
These are T ...

"Next Time  just anti up the 15k on a higher end model when you get a new one... "

Sure Donald, can you buy me one.....
2016-2-19
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-19 17:15
"Next Time  just anti up the 15k on a higher end model when you get a new one... "

Sure Donald, c ...

Considering the fact my inspire 1 setup cost upwards of 6k ....just for the base unit.   you're already out of the realm of most hobbyist anyway.

once you enter the world of tax right offs and business expense, you have left behind the folks that are willing to deal with geofence.  

I wanted to use the inspire it was a good deal according to the original advertisement..
If I had known about geofence---- I would never have went that route in the first place.
it would have simply been the difference between out a out of pocket payment and a business expense.
2016-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules