Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Highest Altitude P3S can reach before losing signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fbarski
lvl.1

United States

OK, 500m = 1,640 feet.  That is the max altitude a P3S can reach?  I am getting "No Signal" when I get the bird up to about 300 ft.  On page #50 in the user manual, it says maximum WiFi transmission is 400 ft. or 120m.  120m maximum altitude before losing my WiFi connection and it signals to "Return Home" is a big difference if it is supposed to reach a max of 500m.  Could someone please clarify?
2016-2-17
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are going straight up, that is always the worst angle to maintain a strong signal.
Otherwise there are lots of variables.
Antenna orientation is probably the one that makes the most difference.
2016-2-17
Use props
Juliano Cruz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

You can reach 500 easily if you adjust the antenna position properly. I always fly about 300 meters every day with no signal lost.
2016-2-17
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.4

United States

As others have stated, antenna angle is key. The Phantom's signal moves out sideways from the land gear or what ever their called. The RC signal I believe resinates from the flat part of of the antanna(s) or length ways. The straighter up the Phantom flys above the RC with the RC's antennas pointing straight out, the weaker the signal.

So move the Phantom a little out away from you/RC before attempting max altitude and fold the antennas appropriately. I got one but i haven't tried it yet but people have had good luck with antenna boosters. Their nothing trick, they have reflective material that slides over the antenna(s) and focuses the signal more in a single direction. People are reporting further flying distances...not sure about altitude though.
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please follow the tips given in the video
2016-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That tutorial is good, but it misses out on one very important factor, while you can change the orientation of the antennas on your RC unit, you can't change the ones on the Phantom. So do not fly too directly above yourself, as this presents the least amount of antenna to the RC unit.
2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules