bhaupais
New

France

smartphone : M.T.T. Smart Fun / Android 4.1.2
Drone : Phantom standard 3
Last update : 08 Feb 2016
First aircraft, still no flights....

power up the controler : fine
connect the smartphone to the controler by wifi : fine (controler's leds all green)
power up the drone : fine
launching the dji go app : fine (the app recognize my drone : Aircraft connected)

then the "fun" part : I press on "enter camera view", the screen turn side way, then turn black, then white, then back to the app's menu (aircraft connected and all)

I can use the remote to fly the craft just no camera view, nor advanced control...

2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the issue may be that you are using a device that does not have enough processing power to correctly make the GO app work.
And yes, in the meantime until you get a compatible device you can use the remote only to fly the aircraft. You just need to study the manual to see what all the lights mean since you would not get any warning messages in the app.
Here is a list of recommended devices:

iOS Version v2.6.0. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.6.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-2-18
Use props
bhaupais
New

France

M.T.T. smartfun :
Processeur: Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A5 1,21 GHz
RAM: 512 Mo DDR
Mémoire interne: 4 Go

version : Android 4.1.2
version kernel : 3.4.0

Are those not compatible ? The Googleplay said that my device was compatible with the app. By default is there any app witch will at least let me see throught the camera and take simple pictures ?
2016-2-18
Use props
bhaupais
New

France

Could I emulate Android on my laptop to meet the compatibility ?
2016-2-18
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

bhaupais Posted at 2016-2-18 16:29
M.T.T. smartfun :
Processeur: Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A5 1,21 GHz
RAM: 512 Mo DDR

Hi bhaupais

Your processor is dual core 1.21GHz and RAM is 0.5GB - this is significantly below even the low specification approved products.

See the hardware comparison in this post - http://forum.dji.com/thread-43127-1-1.html - it will help you choose which mobile device you should use.

Cheers
Old Geezer
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules