Want to invest with an Osmo though it might break :(
1572 9 2016-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richardiii
New

Canada

I've been checking the Osmo for almost a couple months now, either this or a Sony RX100 active IS (IV). I love the Osmo but once in a while , I've been seeing a lot of problems from faulty audio issue (not the mic) to hardware bricking.
Damn I wish its more reliable. I really want to get it for my trip to Japan. I know it will be awesome specially with the log file available.

but hesitant It might break after a couple of times being used.

How is your experience with the Osmo and how long did it last before encountering problems? If not, how long have you been using it?

Cheers!
From Canada.

2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the Osmo has been becoming a sophisticated products, except for some known issues which our engineers are working on to optimize, it's quite stable now. In addition, just a kind reminder: the next firmware update will be ready very soon. Of course, it's always wise to take serious consideration before making any investment.
2016-2-18
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Been using mine 2 months no problems, very pleased with it. Loads of great footage.
If it goes wrong I'll let you know.

The brick firmware was a particular issue with the Dec firmware update. Shouldn't be a problem now.

I don't use the audio so not sure about that. I read it will be fixed in next firmware.
2016-2-18
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

i've been using mine since dicember and it works really well, pretty solid for the use i give it, and i take good care of it
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Thanks for all the positive feedback above.
BTW, please be noticed that the new firmware v1.5.2.0 has been released, which has helped to solve almost all the history issues while provide us with some new features. Kindly just please find more in DJI official website at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
Look forward to your comments or suggestions!
2016-3-22
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Richard, I assume you are looking for all feedback and this is my experience. I bought mine last Friday, brand new out of box, did all the firmware upgrades, even though it seems sturdy in build look on the outside...I still treated it like a fragile piece of fine china. By Sunday at 1pm it bricked, meaning it refused to operate. I shot for 10 minutes early Sunday morning and by 1pm, two days after spending $885 Canadian, it ceased to work.  This is a huge investment for me. I did everything to try to upgrade, reload, recharge. spent about 12 hours over the last 2 days in total trying to make it work.   DJI offered to have me send my brand new two day old unit back to them in pacific US from Nova Scotia and I am guessing we are talking weeks...if not months to use my brand new DJI product. Luckily I bought from an authorised dealer (and he is an amazing business man) and he will order one from China for me and have another to try in about a week from now. I am really worried.   If you are spending $850 on something you want to use....you may have my experience.  And the worse part after reading all the forums...is that I will always open that case....wondering if this is the day it decides to just quit working. This is my experience...and if by luck...I become one of the lucky ones who can say that mine works great, I will only be more than pleased to share that story too. Today....this is my story.
2016-3-22
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would definitely recommend buying from a reputable physical store in your own country that adheres to your own country's consumer laws, so you are protected from DJI.

If you buy direct from DJI China your only option is to send your new Osmo back to China for repair at your own expense, and be without it for months.

I bought a faulty Phantom which went straight back to my local store for immediate replacement. If I'd bought direct from DJI China it would have been months of aggravation and expense to try and resolve. I wouldn't ever want to deal directly with DJI.

2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

As long as you purchase DJI products from our authorized store, we would always try our best to provide you with the best services.
Because of the regional divergence, we would recommend resorting to your local authorized service team if necessary for help even if you bought the products directly from our HQ in China.
Plus, we have many technicans and coworkers from HQ in diffenent service centers all around the world to provide you a better using and service experience.
We'll keep growing and doing better.
Thanks for your support!
2016-3-22
Use props
raywongmusic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
Hong Kong

There’s a common problem with the fan, it get stuck once in a while and you need to un-jam it with a tooth pick.   I am not sure how many owners are affected, but this is a mechanical problem not something that could be fixed by firmware updates.
2016-3-22
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Richard,
My osmo is fine after DJI updated the firmware to fix all the things that were wrong, and it is a clever piece of kit for sure.

Bear in mind that forums like this draw input in 99% of cases , from people with issues (and I am one !) however DJI must have sold tens if not hundreds of thousands of Osmos and as a percentage, there are really very few complaints here- and most of those are about the same problems which DJI have now fixed.
So, on balance I would say go for it, just download the manual and make sure you have the latest firmware on board.  Hope this helps you ( I was tempted to say inspires but it sounds too much like a promo! Best of luck.
Rod and the cat
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules