Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DETAILED ZENMUSE XT (Infrared) PRICE, AND INFO
4199 20 2016-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

Just got confirmation. Price will start at $5400 and will be 16 different versions. It is based off of the Tau 2. Preorders have started.
2016-2-19
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice to know, any LINKS?
2016-2-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

B&H photo started taking pre-orders for the x5r for around $5400.00 but when the real price came out it was a couple of grand less.
2016-2-19
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-19 12:32
B&H photo started taking pre-orders for the x5r for around $5400.00 but when the real price came out ...

Hope this is the same. $5400 is rather pricey..
2016-2-19
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-20 03:32
B&H photo started taking pre-orders for the x5r for around $5400.00 but when the real price came out ...

Actually these are exact prices, it actually varies based on frame rate, resolution, and lens. There are 16 different combinations one could choose from.

Unfortunately I cannot provide the link since it's for the customers for one of DJI's authorized vendors. But it's directly from DJI since it has a drop down list of the options that dynamically updates the price.
2016-2-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-2-19 15:11
Hope this is the same. $5400 is rather pricey..

I geuss so, there's no way I'm sending 5 grand up in the air with the way these inspire's have dropping out of the sky after 1.6 update.
2016-2-19
Use props
pinpointmapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

That price seems a little high for just the camera/ gimbal.  Drones plus just put there DJI thermal set ups on sale, marked down from 7,999 to to 6544. http://www.dronesplus.com/buy/dji-inspire-1-flir-thermal/  If they can provide a package at that price including aircraft, extra monitor and transmitter, surely the stand alone camera/gimbal will be less...  Hopefully the mystery will be solved March 1st...
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The starting price will be more than that.
2016-2-20
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Those leaked prices were cost price to dealers - retail will be higher folks.
Add a grand at least.

Those with an actual need for them will buy, those who want them will complain and whinge.
Nothing more to say until they ship and we can get an actual idea of:

1 What it can actually do
2 What it can't do
3 What features it was promised with that DJI will release 'Soon'
4 What faults it will have that will be fixed in upcoming firmware updates that are 'Coming Soon'

Yes it's a FLIR imager, but remember that DJI will be doing the gimbal, hardware integration and software engineering.
If you are of the opinion that the cost of purchasing an Inspire, or X5 is so high that perfection is a reasonable expectation - prepare to modify your expectations.

2016-2-20
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-21 07:14
Those leaked prices were cost price to dealers - retail will be higher folks.
Add a grand at least.

Funny how everyone else in here knows so much yet isn't giving anything close to concrete information.
Called my dealer and the prices sent are indeed what his company is selling it for.
I'll give some more specifics:

There are two resolutions, 336 and 640, two frame rates, 9hz and 30hz. For fast moving activities and SAR 30hz is recommended. The lens options for the 336 resolution model are 6.8mm, 9mm, 13mm, 19mm. For the 640 resolution model it's 7.5mm, 9mm, 13mm, 19mm. The 336 will have 2x-4x digital zoom, the 640 will go up to 8x digital zoom.

They both have less than 50mk noise equivalency sensitivity...which makes for better object recognition.

The price for the 336/30hz with any of the lens options except the 7.5mm is $5749 from my dealer. The 640 will likely not be available right away. The safe date for orders to actually come in is April. It could be a little earlier but my dealer is smart enough to under promise and over deliver when dealing with DJI products.

Now if anyone in here can provide more detail than that, I leave the floor to you. If not well then.
2016-2-20
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

You might want to add that the 30Hz versions are only available to US and Canadian customers.
2016-2-20
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-21 08:56
You might want to add that the 30Hz versions are only available to US and Canadian customers.

Yes there are export restrictions on the 30Hz models as you noted. Also to add the Tau 2 sensor package does support radiometric data...but it's left to be seen whether DJI will incorporate that into the DJI Go app. I'll ask my dealer on Monday if he has any knowledge of it being included...forgot to ask.

Also I agree...for those who need this professionally the cost isn't as much of an obstacle as it seems to others. I for one will be purchasing. Sure there's risk every time you fly with a sensor like such, but commercial grade insurance will help mitigate the risk somewhat.
2016-2-20
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

I have been told that the XT when it ships will not be radiometric, but that a later SKU will be.
This will apparently add a couple of grand to the price.

As most folks not already in the industry won't need this nor probably understand the applications for radiometery, it's not a big deal.
As you said, anyone using the tech will have insured it and have paying clients to fund it.

Personally, we will trial one when they ship - but being outside the export zone for 30Hz versions I doubt that the Inspire is a stable enough platform for quality output from the 9Hz version.
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skylinewg Posted at 2016-2-21 08:47
Funny how everyone else in here knows so much yet isn't giving anything close to concrete informat ...

Yes, there is more info but I will wait until it's published on the DJI website and not announce it.
2016-2-20
Use props
paulykins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

we really do need to know whether DJI are serious about adding the radiometric data so we can indeed run the images through FLIR Tools + software which uses the radiometric data embedded in JPGs
2016-4-4
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

paulykins Posted at 2016-4-4 20:27
we really do need to know whether DJI are serious about adding the radiometric data so we can indeed ...

Yes they are, just not upon release. It will be a firmware upgrade as everything is already in place for radiometric data.

Also these will be made to order and not sitting in vendor's stock. $10k for the better configuration.
2016-4-4
Use props
davidherries
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3768451 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Skylinewg Posted at 2016-4-5 10:23
Yes they are, just not upon release. It will be a firmware upgrade as everything is already in pla ...

any news on the timeframe for firmware update to allow for radiometric data storage in file.
2016-4-19
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

davidherries Posted at 2016-4-19 22:57
any news on the timeframe for firmware update to allow for radiometric data storage in file.

Not as of yet. The best way to deal with DJI as far as updates like radiometric metadata is to either wait till it's released before buying an XT, or buy the XT, learn how to use it in the most effective manner as is, and forget about the update until you wake up one day and see it's been updated.
2016-5-1
Use props
windwardbound
lvl.1

United States

Skylinewg Posted at 2016-5-2 03:47
Not as of yet. The best way to deal with DJI as far as updates like radiometric metadata is to eit ...

My question is this:  If you already own an Inspire why couldn't you hard-mount a FLIR to the nose of the bird pointed straight down, add a transmitter, battery & antennae then pick up the signal on a matched receiver with a separate monitor?  All of which I own already except the FLIR.  This sounds like a far less expensive solution!  I've priced FLIR cameras at the 640 res level and they are a whole lot less money.  Most of you work would probably be straight down or primarily straight down.  You would have to have a lot of FLIR work to justify that expense going the DJI route.  What am I missing?  
2016-5-1
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

Check the site - DJI are talking radiometric capability with the 'XT Advanced radiometry camera'.
Not a lot of actual info as yet (i.e. is it a new hardware platform or just a software upgrade)

The Zenmuse XT Advanced Radiometry camera provides twice the temperature measurement accuracy of the standard Zenmuse XT along with new analysis and recording functions.
2016-5-1
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

windwardbound Posted at 2016-5-2 10:11
My question is this:  If you already own an Inspire why couldn't you hard-mount a FLIR to the nose ...

Sure you could do that, also there are a few companies that will do an even better job of doing that for you. But what you'd be missing is the DJI GO APP and the other major App integration. For professionals it's a better option to have the everything in an integrated solution.
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules