Registering with FAA Question
3052 25 2016-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I registered with FAA the other morning and have a question? If I want to allow a friend, wife, son, whoever standing next to me, fly my inspire 1, do they have to registered as a member of FAA too? I am a hobbiest and not for professional. But, my wife ask to fly the other day for her first time, and I let her, but didn't know for sure? And she does NOT want to be a part of the FAA thing. No offense to FAA or others.
2016-2-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

SS

This is intended for registration proposes right now and you have the FAA number on the Inspire so if they need to contact you they can. My understanding is they do need to be included on the registration. You standing with them and you will make sure they are not breaking any of the guidelines... its all good

Rich
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are still the owner of the aircraft so letting someone else fly it is totally fine, especially if you are standing right there.

Q44. If I let someone borrow my drone do I have to give them the Certificate of Registration?
A. Yes, anyone who operates your drone must have the Certificate of Aircraft Registration in their possession. You can give them a paper copy, email it to them, or they can show it electronically from the registration website.

Read up on these FAQ's
https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/
2016-2-19
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-19 23:52
SS

This is intended for registration proposes right now and you have the FAA number on the Inspire  ...

Oh ok… thats great and works out perfectly. My wife asked to fly the inspire 1 the other day, she was nervous, but I was right next to her at all times. She was in the air for less than a few minutes.
2016-2-21
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-20 00:17
You are still the owner of the aircraft so letting someone else fly it is totally fine, especially i ...

Thank you, that's great news to hear and I have no problem following the rules.
2016-2-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2016-2-21 08:39
Oh ok… thats great and works out perfectly. My wife asked to fly the inspire 1 the other day, she ...

Ken is right,
I always keep the registration with me and I do not loan out my equipment to anyone. So with that said, if my wife or girls wanted to fly my aircraft while I am present... this is within the rules.

Rich
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-22 01:27
Ken is right,
I always keep the registration with me and I do not loan out my equipment to anyone. ...

But if you let them fly and they crash it, do you buy a new one or do they buy one for you
2016-2-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-21 09:49
But if you let them fly and they crash it, do you buy a new one or do they buy one for you

Now that's a good question   .... Most likely Dad replaces it with a smile (and a upgrade)

Rich
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-22 01:52
Now that's a good question   .... Most likely Dad replaces it with a smile (and a upgrade)

Rich ...

That's a good dad
2016-2-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ken, can I send you a PM or is that against the rules.

E mail me if you like, I want to tell you something private.

donaldjames1990@gmail.com
2016-2-21
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

So if I have four drones one registered number will do for all four?
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-22 05:29
Ken, can I send you a PM or is that against the rules.

E mail me if you like, I want to tell  ...

Donnie,
Sorry, I don't have a public email to give out.
You can start a ticket with support and in your ticket you can say what you need and in the ticket tell them to give the message to DJI-KenAnd I don't accept PM's here.
Or you can give me the ticket# and I can look at it.
2016-2-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-21 20:17
Donnie,
Sorry, I don't have a public email to give out.
You can start a ticket with support and in  ...

Ok then I will just explain here,  I did not bring up this Topic Of RTH with the Smart go Home for any other motive than to find an answer to my own personal situation that happened.   I did not realize that this topic had been covered and is a serious point of contention among pilots.   I received information that This topic would be greeted with hostility and anger.  
   So I am sorry if this stirred the Pot and caused you any grief. Also I think Tahoe Ed from DJI should not come on the site and reprimand anyone for speaking there mind.  If they are within the rules, let them speak without fear of ridicule.  Keep in Mind for every 1 poster there are going to be up to 1,000 or more Lurkers who will see these posts, CUSTOMERS  who are Lurkers may have fear to post because someone from DJI may not like there intense views and will be taken to the woodshed for public display. Who knows maybe that person(Lurker) has a great idea but for fear of reprisal does not say a word and the idea is lost to the abyss.  
     Anyway, I always appreciate your help,  for me this is a hobby, but for others it is there liveleyhood. This I think explains why people  are so intense on getting proper information.  When you have a product that for the Hobbyist costs at least a couple grand, to the Pro with Ten grand or more tied up.  Good equipment and Information makes the difference to put food on the table.
    Thanks again for the Help.
cheers-donnie

***Sorry , my thoughts are sometimes hard to express, I know it is difficult to follow my line of thinking sometimes and my writing reflects that.  I had a head injury and sometimes leads to fragmented thinking and poor sentence structure.   ( I did not want to put that out there.... the reason for a private e-mail or  PM among other things, Oh well no biggie)  I think you get me overall.
2016-2-22
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-21 19:28

You are not registering your aircraft....... you are registering, you.   Same reg number goes on all of your aircraft.
2016-2-22
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Starship Posted at 2016-2-22 15:23
You are not registering your aircraft....... you are registering, you.   Same reg number goes on a ...

So a stupid question then.  How is the Faa  going to know if I put the ID in one or all birds?
2016-2-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-22 19:52
So a stupid question then.  How is the Faa  going to know if I put the ID in one or all birds?

They wont know until you have something happen that requires them to investigate the reported problem with one of your aircraft.

I bought these stickers at the link below.... easy stuff

http://www.uavstickers.com/faa-registration.php

Rich
2016-2-22
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-22 23:06
They wont know until you have something happen that requires them to investigate the reported prob ...

So here goes another stupid question so I registered but I did not put the stickers or ID and anywhere in any of the birds and something happens they really do not know who it belongs to correct.
2016-2-23
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-21 18:28

yes. All are registered to your name.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-24 04:53
So here goes another stupid question so I registered but I did not put the stickers or ID and anyw ...

No they do not, but why even register if you don't put anything on the aircraft.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-23 12:53
So here goes another stupid question so I registered but I did not put the stickers or ID and anyw ...

I think if if was something really bad (like you cause a car wreck that causes death)  they could find you by investigating serial number on the craft. If you did do something bad like that or even not as bad as that, it would not help your case if you were not registered like you should be.
no matter if you have registered or not
the registration just makes it easier for them to find you

Dave
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 21:44
No they do not, but why even register if you don't put anything on the aircraft.

Yes no point in registering then.

Dave
2016-2-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-23 12:53

Yes, you are correct. But remember that you agreed to the FAA terms to follow the basic rules as were defined. If they find out the aircraft is yours, it could put in more trouble....
I am not really sure how this is all going to work in the future. It is only the honest folks that are going to register with the FAA....  I put my stickers on my aircraft and this way I have done my part.  
Rich
2016-2-24
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-24 16:26
Yes, you are correct. But remember that you agreed to the FAA terms to follow the basic rules as w ...

I can understand if they use the serial number or some form of ID of the drone  but  you are registering yourself the person not to drone it still doesn't make any sense even though I have registered and yes I have put the ID on each of the Drones
2016-2-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-2-24 14:28
I can understand if they use the serial number or some form of ID of the drone  but  you are regis ...

you are correct

I wonder if this is the first step to get everyone used to the idea. Afterwards they increase the cost so the government can hire more people to manage the system and make you provide all of your aircraft information by serial number.

Rich
2016-2-24
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I think you're on to something rich.
Im not wearing a tinfoil hat, and there most defiantly needs to be some controls over airspace.
That does however require an extensive database, and these database's do not maintain nor update themselves.
Thus you can bet its not going to be free or even cheap for the long term...
I believe all you have to do to understand where this is going is to look at the history of motor vehicles, or manned aircraft... as for as registration goes it is all going to be a similar process...  

Soon it  will require a serial number and cost per craft... Then age restrictions and then a license that  requires a written test... and then insurance.  Some clubs might be able to waive insurance and license requirements below a set altitude ,, however to fly above public land and above a certain altitude it will require the former.

government always creates more government and news laws needs to be enforced... ( I hate the Idea). but seen from a historical prospective my opinion is what it is..

2016-2-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-24 19:38
you are correct

I wonder if this is the first step to get everyone used to the idea. Afterwards  ...

True, has there ever been a government agency that has gotten smaller over time?
2016-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules