Should battery be at 100% every flight?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveB68
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all

Took my new P3A out for a quick test flight yesterday. Only about 5 minutes as it got quite breezy I called it a day. Question is after about 5 mins of use should I charge the battery fully again before flying? Is it best to have a full battery every flight or is it ok to start flying on around 75%?

Cheers

2016-2-20
Use props
todor
First Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Always fully charge your battery or batteries before flight! Always
2016-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You may see a fully charged battery show just 97%. This is completely normal.
Once you deep cycle your battery packs, after 20 complete charges, they should come back to a full 100% charge.
That's what I have noticed with my four intelligent flight batteries. YMMV.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-20
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Yes! What todor say always flight with full charge battery. Specially in cold weather the battery drain faster then normal weather conditions. Just for your safely! There also tricks on YouTube how keep your battery's in good condition.
2016-2-20
Use props
DaveB68
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks guys, will charge again before each flight.

Much appreciated.

Dave
2016-2-20
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its good idea to start with a full battery.  But I'll admit I've taken mine out several times with 50% or even a little less charge.  I just make sure I don't go too far and keep an eye on the battery...  This is usually when I want to  check something out.  Like take it in front of my house and do a quick check-out/test of something...
2016-2-20
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

DaveB68 Posted at 2016-2-20 12:54
Thanks guys, will charge again before each flight.

Much appreciated.

Always start a new days flying with 100% battery charge BUT its okay as you described to take another flight on  that same  battery on the sameday.Never run the battery to its minimum check your battery manual for information.Get to know your batteries like a girlfriend they dont take prisoners when there ignored or misused.   
2016-2-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

If you want scary reasons why to always fly with not just a full charge,   but a FRESH full charge,  simply browse this forum for posts about P3's falling out of the sky.
2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules