gimbal problem.
539 1 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Concor
lvl.1

United States

So I was doing my thing with the phantom. When I was done I went on to put the gimbal cover on when I heard a little cracking noise. I went on to inspect where it came from warm I notice that the circuit coming from the gimbal was coming a part. Pic related. I wonder how bad of a problem it is and if I should return it Vince I only got a week with it. Advice please
image.jpeg
2016-2-22
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

From the photo it looks like the ribbon cable isn't seated into the socket on the gimble.  It also appears that the ribbon has been damaged.
If the ribbon still has continuity (Isn't broken) you may be able to unclip the socket lock, reinsert the cable then lock it back down.  If the ribbon cable is damaged you will need to replace, or have DJI or an independent tech replace it for you.   Here is a link to a You Tube video describing the entire process, you should watch the whole thing carefully as it shows how to unclip the cable socket lock, insert the cable and reclip the lock.
If you need a new cable and are good at repairing small items you can probably do it yourself. If you can't you will either have to send to DJI or find someone who can do a ribbon replacement.  But I would try simply reinserting the cable end, if everything works you'll be good to go.
Good Luck.  You Tube link :  
2016-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules