Which Australian birds attack drones?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Just wanted to get some feedback about which Australian birds will attack the Phantom 3.

Most I've encountered are curious at the most.., however my P3P did return with a splatter of blood on the prop and arm once.
Noticed ants crawling in the next day, probably eating small bits that made it inside. Makes me wonder what it was.
2016-2-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Might have been a Vampireroo that attacked your drone....You know, one of those Kanga's that have been bitten by a Vampire that can now fly..hence, Vampireoo!..
2016-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The birds are not the problem, it is the Drop Bears, they can crush your drone flat.

I found at my home even little Swallows will attack my aircraft, as it is to0o near their tiny nests. I think you could get almost any bird attacking, if you go near their nest.
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Birds attack? I haven't heard that which type of birds have a special interest on the drone. But it might be very dangerous for the birds and drone, so it's better to stay away from that area.
2016-2-20
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Magpies can be the worst around nesting season - July-Sept.
Butcher birds and Kurrawongs can also get territorial and try to get rid of a buzzing intruder.
There's also a youtube video of a Wedgetail eagle dispatching a Phantom.
2016-2-20
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

I would think most birds of prey and any birds known to be territorial
I've had black kites demonstrate a bit of interest but no actual attack.

2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules