Video Frames Dropped in Post on P4k
1154 8 2016-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richarddtharret
New

United States

I just spent an hour out filming with my phantom 3 4k, in 4k 30fps, and when I got back to begin editing most of my videos I recorded cut out at random times while I was reviewing them! I tried multiple players (VLC ect.) but they all cut out the same way! Luckily not all of the video cut out because I took the Phantom down and turned it off once during the recording. It seems that all the clips after I took it down and restarted it were fine. All the videos before that were corrupted!!! Now I am worried, what if I am shooting a wedding or an important event and this happens? I hope it was just a one-time thing but if this happens again... I am not going to be very happy.
2016-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There are a couple of possibilities here. You may not have stopped the camera before powering down the Phantom. If this happens, the files are not finalised. The cure for this is to insert the SD card back into the phantom and power it on. After about a minute, the files should be fixed for you. In future, do not switch the aircraft off while it is still recording, if necessary, write yourself a checklist to prompt you not to do this.

If you are having problems playing the clips back, first thing to do is make sure you are playing them back from your hard drive. Do not try to play back from the SD card itself as it will be too slow.

If you are already playing back from the hard drive, and using VLC does not play the files, then it is most likely your computer is not up to the task. You need something faster.
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Check if your single files have been larger than 4G or not, cause due to the limit of the SD card, it can only support 4G recording for each file at most, so the videos will be cut into several files, you might have several splitting files and lost a few frames. The solution is to plan the recording time in order not to exceed 4G.
2016-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-21 17:27
Check if your single files have been larger than 4G or not, cause due to the limit of the SD card, i ...

"The solution is to plan the recording time in order not to exceed 4G. "

Actually, the solution would be for DJI to get the file split correct. GoPro can do it, why not DJI?
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-21 16:32
"The solution is to plan the recording time in order not to exceed 4G. "

Actually, the solution w ...

I will forward your suggestion to the engineers. Thanks for your suggestion.
2016-2-21
Use props
kirk.grames
lvl.1

United States

Still an issue on the phantom 4 as well.  My gopro hero 4 black has never had this problem.  Please fix DJI!
2016-3-26
Use props
kirk.grames
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-21 06:23
I will forward your suggestion to the engineers. Thanks for your suggestion.

Please do since this issue has not been corrected as of 3/26/2016.  Gopro does not have this issue.
2016-3-26
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

I have this problem with ALL my recordings. ALWAYS missing frames at 4Gb - 9 minutes, when a new file is written. It ruins many of my shots. See this video at 4:20:

2016-8-26
Use props
evolutionstudios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169770 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's the 6th of March, 2018, and although my Phantom 4 is completely up to date with firmware and apps....STILL the dropping of frames when splitting the video remains. I'm guessing that perhaps DJI cannot fix this, and will just make it a NEW feature on their next drone, which we'll have to buy in order to have our longer than 9 minute shot. It's completely ruined a continuous shot I needed to get over a mine site, showing rehab and mining.....there is no way I can do it again, or shorten the flight time. As everyone has said here.....If GoPro can do it (along with Sony and so many others) why the hell can't DJI sort out the issue???
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules