Where's my "Where's Paul" thread?
1426 17 2016-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

I had been following some threads on here regarding how to best look after batteries and also a thread about battery failures with one call falling below a certain voltage.  A continuous contribution to these threads was from Paul who had a lot of experience of battery management and as a noob I was learning a lot from this.  

When he stopped posting, I posted a thread asking where he was,  as I had also noticed that all his other posts on the forum containing valuable information had also gone.

Several people offered up their thoughts as to what had happened, but now I see that this thread too has disappeared.  No notification or explanation as to why.

Was it really that contentious?  I think the forum members have now lost a library of valuable input based on knowledge and experience, which we may never get back, particularly in the short term

Well DJI, what gives?  Have I transgressed a written or unwritten forum rule and if so, how, as I would like to avoid any further incidences of this type  

2016-2-24
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Put it like this.
If you are in someone else's house, it is best not to tell them how bad their wallpaper is.....no mater what you think.
They might put up with it for a while, but it soon gets everyone down if you keep on and on about it, You may get kicked out so as not to spoil the party for everyone else, even if some feel the same as you..... it has to be remembered we are the guests here regardless.
I haven't been here long, and I can see Paul was a smart and useful person here, but I think the ongoing slagging about the wallpaper just got to much me thinks...
I guess its all fair enough too......we are just guests here, so we have to be seen to be adding to the rhythm of the place rather than subtracting from it.
I hope sometime they get back together as its a real shame that frustration led to the breakdown in coms, but anyone could see it coming.
2016-2-24
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The whys and wherefores of what happened between DJI and Paul isn't the point I'm making in this thread.

My point is why would my thread be taken down after asking what I believed was an innocent question?  No one from DJI has had the courtesy to contact me to advise what I have done wrong and to say they were removing my thread.  The thread was just removed.  
2016-2-24
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I recon this one will go just as quick, or it will become a huge slagging match between the for's and the against's.......
Forums are a really hard thing to regulate.......I am pretty sure this wasn't an easy or quick decision having been the moderator on a few different forums.
2016-2-24
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've struggled to find contact details for the forum mods or I would have used that avenue
2016-2-24
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Found Waldo!  Now, where's Pauldo?
2016-2-24
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

The sad part about this is, when he got banned I lost all of my PMs from Paul that he had given me his contact information. I guess PMs are not private.
Keith
2016-2-24
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

keithh Posted at 2016-2-24 10:24
The sad part about this is, when he got banned I lost all of my PMs from Paul that he had given me h ...

I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere.
2016-2-24
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

If you read the forum rules, there are a number of reasons the thread could be deleted. Paul was probably banned because of being overly inflammatory. This thread will probable be deleted because there is a rule against discussing moderator actions. DJI definitely operates under a different culture than I am used to. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=96&extra=page%3D1
2016-2-24
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I, for one, hope Paul turns up in another forum to share his wealth of knowledge, and hope whomever finds him shares his location with the rest of us.
my email: kd7gmk@gmail.com
2016-2-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I asked the DJI -reps directly and they wont answer me.  I simply asked if Paul was Banned.  All they had to say was Yes because of A<B<C, end of story.  I dont like the Pulling of all his Posts and especially dont like Pulling the where is Paul? l thread.  That is Childish behavior.

cheers -donnie
2016-2-24
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Found Paul. Contact me directly: my email: kd7gmk@gmail.com
2016-2-24
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 07:27
Put it like this.
If you are in someone else's house, it is best not to tell them how bad their wall ...

I feel particularly embarrassed by this story ... One of my last chats with Paul a couple days before, related to his increasingly bitter opinion about DJI practices, I ended jokingly with suggestion to install motion sensors and infrared detectors around his Scottish residence ... Despite his brilliant, eloquent and sparky responses to many questions , despite his undoubtedly right and well supported critical comments published here, Paul also became a bit obsessed by his Don Quixote-sque crusade, ignoring the wallpaper issue. No, they don't need to send an Ninja assassin ... It's a matter of a few mouse clicks and puff, Paul's gone. And that's how the legends are born ...
2016-2-25
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I had read a number of Paul's posts, and although I can type about 80 wpm, I cannot imagine how much time he spent at a keyboard formulating his comments.  Nothing against the guy, in fact I've worked with several people in the technology sector who had the same tenacity... however there comes a time when you gotta stop making the same point over and over gain.  I hate to say it but some of his last writings were actually painful to read - like watching a car wreck.  I wish Paul all the best in his future endeavours, and hope he can reconcile his ongoing disputes with DJI.  In the interim, I'll continue to fly both my Inspires.
2016-2-28
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stormtrooper101 Posted at 2016-2-28 23:42
I had read a number of Paul's posts, and although I can type about 80 wpm, I cannot imagine how much ...

My feelings entirely some of his posts were informative sum weren't
2016-2-29
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

paul came off as though his thoughts on batteries were the onlt
2016-3-8
Use props
Turbo Heart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paul did over-reach at times. But he was very informative and told it as it is. Even I disagreed with him sometimes and wanted to argue with him. He didn't sugar coat anything. Hope he returns, he was a  very valuable asset.
2016-3-8
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
United States

Email address of Paul Kerry is: Paul (at) Kerry-air.com
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules