Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
V2 wrong controller? GL658B instead of GL658C
12Next >
6892 41 2016-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

We purchased the Inspire 1 V2 and did get the T-601 machine but the model of the controller is the wrong one. It's Model GL658B when it should be Model GL658C. What do we do? I don't want to send the entire thing back to DJI but we really need the additional signal strength for pushing through tree lines. I can't contact DJI now, so I thought I'd ask here.
Thanks!
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Where did you purchase your aircraft? do you have the order number?
2016-2-24
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer
United States

I bought it from Drones Plus. I have the original box right here. Do you need a number from that? I am really hoping DJI can send Drones Plus a new GL658C. They have a store front in DAllas. SO, I'd like to go to the store once it comes in and give them the GL658B model I got by mistake.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SkySight Posted at 2016-2-25 14:41
I bought it from Drones Plus. I have the original box right here. Do you need a number from that? I  ...

Alright, Sky Sight, i'll come up with the solution
2016-2-24
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 01:10

Thank you DJI-Tim, I want to say that Drones Plus has done a tremendous job of working with me on multiple things. I'm sure they will be equally surprised that a C model remote didn't ship in the case. Thank you!
2016-2-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 01:29
Where did you purchase your aircraft? do you have the order number?

I own an inspire pro, I do have the GL656C controller the aircraft itself is the T-600. What's up with that?
2016-2-25
Use props
dr. D
First Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-25 14:12
I own an inspire pro, I do have the GL656C controller the aircraft itself is the T-600. What's up  ...

Nothing! An Inspire1 Pro is always a T600.
The 'C' controller is the latest.
2016-2-25
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Nothing new here, business as usual. That's just SOP for this manufacturer.  There is no rhyme or reason for the mismatch. Unfortunately, it's a matter of available inventory, and whatever the company decides to place in the box, and without opening up the carton and voiding the product classification as NEW there is no other way of really determining what you are buying. I know of three separate dealers who have received the most recent production of Inspire V2.0 revealing several cartons contained the T-601 model, with radio controllers being that of the previous "B" version.  Presently the dealers have no explanation for this, sorry to say. However, I'm thinking the company will more than likely respond that there is no significant difference between the two controllers, or models (T-600),(T-601), and that either model will perform equally as well with the radio provided.  : )
2016-2-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dr. D Posted at 2016-2-25 13:38

Do you have any documentation to to back up your claim of  "nothing!!!"
2016-2-25
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought the GL658B was the Japanese Version and uses 900mhz for the connection between the remote controls????
2016-2-25
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

dr. D Posted at 2016-2-25 19:38

as long a they have some old T600 parts produces until last november in stock.............
2016-2-26
Use props
dr. D
First Officer
Netherlands

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-25 20:34
Do you have any documentation to to back up your claim of  "nothing!!!"

Yes I do

According to DJI-ken in “ So are new V2.0 owners getting FCC ID 1015?” On 2015-12-19 he wrote:
"The Inspire1 will be T600, the Inspire Pro will be T600, the Inspire V2 X3 will be T601"

Although the v2 could turn out to be a T600 also....
2016-2-26
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 01:10

Tim- What did you find out? A friend of mine has a C Model remote and there is a significant difference in range and strength. I really don't want to send back my entire rig and waiting a long time. I purchased it from a local dealer. Can DJI send him a new C Model remote and then allow me to simply swap out the two remotes at his store? I can email you the DJI Dealers info and serial numbers if you'd like to help make this happen. Thank you!!!
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SkySight Posted at 2016-2-29 04:19
Tim- What did you find out? A friend of mine has a C Model remote and there is a significant diffe ...

Hi Sky Sight! I got the info that B and C controllers are the same, and you will get the same range with both of them
2016-2-28
Use props
dr. D
First Officer
Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 07:11
Hi Sky Sight! I got the info that B and C controllers are the same, and you will get the same rang ...

Ok, so the ' A'  is different?
I have a 'C' for my bird and bought a second hand 'A' for dual operation. So far I know that second controller is only attached to the main controller but I am curious if the range could be an issue.
DJI-Tim, what do you think? Do I have a proper set of controllers?
2016-2-29
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 00:11
Hi Sky Sight! I got the info that B and C controllers are the same, and you will get the same rang ...

Thank you for looking into it. However, I've witnessed the power and range on a C model compared to mine. I've also been told they are the same but after some research I learned the C model even has a different FCC ID. So, we looked it up and found that the C model has a much stronger output in watts. In fact, the controller is pushing much more than the B model. I'd like the proper controller that was supposed to come with my inspire.  How do I make that happen? Thanks!
2016-2-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I test my older inspire with 1 year old controller and my inspire pro with the new c controller and eneded up with about 2800 feet from each. I live in a heavily wooded area. But then again my inspire pro is a t-600.
2016-2-29
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-29 21:47
I test my older inspire with 1 year old controller and my inspire pro with the new c controller and  ...

If you test a inspire T601 with the correct C model controller, you get much more range and more power through wooded areas. DJI can't say they are the same because they have different FCC ID numbers. They have to get a new FCC ID is if the changed the output power or the frequency. I know without any doubt the B and C are different and the C is more powerful.
2016-2-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SkySight Posted at 2016-2-29 11:45
If you test a inspire T601 with the correct C model controller, you get much more range and more po ...

So even though I have the c model controller I won't get the range because my inspire is the t-600?
2016-2-29
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-1 02:09
So even though I have the c model controller I won't get the range because my inspire is the t-600 ...

Not sure how it changes things in reverse.

DJI- what can we do?
2016-3-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 00:10

Tim,
Can you help me too, I just received my Inspire 1 V2 on Wednesday and the aircraft is T601 but both controllers are 658B instead of 658C. I live in the mountains and would really like to have the higher power remotes for my new Inspire 1.
order number:  001160569793

Rich
2016-3-25
Use props
fdnyfish
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why don't you guys just send back your machines to the dealer for a refund and purchase from someone else who can confirm the contents of the boxes.  Why report to DJI when you should deal with dealer.  let the dealer worry about it.
2016-3-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fdnyfish Posted at 2016-3-26 06:33
Why don't you guys just send back your machines to the dealer for a refund and purchase from someone ...

I don't have any dealers where I live. I have always purchased from DJI online store and until now I have not had any problems at all. As I have been emailing and asking on the forum about this, I have had the new kit for 10 days.... The refund period is 7 days, so I am not sure what will happen now.

My new Inspire 1 came directly from China in great condition. The only concern is the controllers are not the latest version GL658C.  I was hoping Tim could help me out with this issue or at least comment on why this could have happened.

Rich
2016-3-26
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-27 01:23
I don't have any dealers where I live. I have always purchased from DJI online store and until now ...

MUM is the word, along with a statement that both versions B & C of the controller will work equally well,
no worries!  : )
2016-3-26
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I am yet to find anywhere that categorically says there is any difference in power output from any of the controllers.....there has been a lot of talk about it, but no solid confirmation.
2016-3-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-3-26 16:41
I am yet to find anywhere that categorically says there is any difference in power output from any o ...

I can't say with confidence either way, but I was hoping that Tim would come back to me with something positive. It seems strange that if you make a change to the new GL658C remote back in Nov 2015  why didn't I get this version with the brand new Inspire 3/16/ 2016?

nice videos on power, how true this is..... I do not know

Rich
2016-3-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-3-26 16:31
MUM is the word, along with a statement that both versions B & C of the controller will work equal ...

that's what some are saying. It would be nice to know what is happening from DJI

Rich
2016-3-26
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

I cannot believe that people actually watch and believe this guy !!!   talking dbi losses through sma connectors lolol......dbi is not even a measurement of loss, let alone loss through connectors lolol..... dbi is a reference comparing radiated output to a theoretical "perfect antenna that radiates equally in all directions while exhibiting 0db gain..... Isotropic antenna.....which antennas are rated against to have a meaninful gain figure.
Also you simply cannot gain any usable data doing measurements on the kitchen table with toy equipment connected with what amounts to fencing wire at these frequencies.
sadly his methods and knowledge are flawed to give any real results.
We moved house not long ago and my electronics lab is still on pallets and boxes, but this has made me very keen to get it back together and do some proper measurements.....and soon as I get the new bird I will have both controllers to compare
2016-3-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-3-26 19:13
I cannot believe that people actually watch and believe this guy !!!   talking dbi losses through sm ...

harb,
Immersion RC makes some nice stuff for FPV and useful tools. I really do not know anything about the proper way to conduct the test. I know that manufactures have a special area for RF testing and that everything is tested to a IEEE standard.

I still hope that DJI Tim will comment on this for me.

Rich
2016-3-27
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.4
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-3-27 10:13
I cannot believe that people actually watch and believe this guy !!!   talking dbi losses through sm ...

Very optimistic of you to think you will definitely receive the latest version controller with your new bird.
Good for you. : )

What has been revealed in all of this discussion is that DJI had applied to the FCC for some type of variance, and one that has reflected a change of the FCC identifier associated with the Inspire model since late last yr.

That the new FCC identifier associated with the application and used on more recent I1 V2.0 and Pro models is now WM6101510, and controller GL658-C.
Some have mentioned the application requests a change of transmitting power of these models to 1000mWatt, maximum permitted by law in the USA.

I too would be interested in your measurement calculations, as this all has become an interesting topic of discussion, and one that may or may not have been proven conclusively with the methods used, as you claim.
None the less, many incl. DJI are convinced otherwise, that regardless of what controller is offered, the Inspire models will all work equally well with the controllers provided.

Then again, it is said that there are many who still believe there were no atrocities committed by Germany, and Japan during WWll, despite conclusive evidence to the contrary.

All very interesting, then maybe you can become instrumental in discovering more conclusive information with your findings and personal expertise, as I really can't say there will be any specific information not already offered by DJI Tim, or another DJI employee on the topic, nothing personal mind you.  : )
2016-3-27
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 00:10

Hi Tim,

I have asked you for some comment on this subject. If these are the same, would DJI kindly exchange the GL 658B remotes for the GL658C remotes for my new Inspire 1 V2?  I guess the main reason is, the power change could really come in handy for me around the mountains in my area.
order number:  001160569793
Could you please comment on this for me, thanks for in advance for your help.
Rich
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-29 05:53
Hi Tim,

I have asked you for some comment on this subject. If these are the same, would DJI kindl ...

when did you purchase your drone? I'm not sure about the exchange, gotta ask DJI_Store
2016-3-28
Use props
Jeanlyn

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-29 05:53
Hi Tim,

I have asked you for some comment on this subject. If these are the same, would DJI kindl ...

Hi, RichJ53, the remote control can not be exchanged. Sorry.
2016-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 20:17
when did you purchase your drone? I'm not sure about the exchange, gotta ask DJI_Store

Tim, I understand!
Any help would be nice. I have been trying to get some help on this since  email on March 23 request (233427).  I received it on Wednesday March 16, 2016 Note that both controllers are unused with the plastic on them and one is in the retail box.

Thank you for looking into this for me. Please remember I have the Inspire 1 version 1 already and this being my second Inspire,  I was hoping for the stronger controllers for the area which I live.

Rich

2016-3-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-3-26 22:13

They must be different, because the b controller will not work with the phantom 4 but the c controller will?
2016-3-29
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

I think the controllers are the same other than the operating frequency which is dependant on what country they are sold in.....
The 900Mhz systems will likely work better over a longer distance which is common with lower frequencies
2016-3-29
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-3-29 06:12
I think the controllers are the same other than the operating frequency which is dependant on what c ...

Harb

This is the general feedback from DJI and some others. I guess I was hoping for the slightly higher power that the FCC allows in the US. If you look at the new specs, they have increased the range of the Inspire 1 remote. One of the reasons I bought the new V2 kit, but does not look like I will get this after all. Tim, has not gotten back to me yet, but another DJI person said no..

Rich
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-30 09:24
Harb

This is the general feedback from DJI and some others. I guess I was hoping for the slightly ...

RichJ53, the remote control can't be exchanged separately. And for the whole Inspire 1 drone, replacement request can be accepted in following cases:
a. Within 7 calendar days of purchase if the product has no manufacturing defect and is still in new or like-new condition.
b. Within 15 calendar days of purchase if the product has sustained substantial damage in transit.
c. Within 15 calendar days of purchase if the product purchased does not match the original description of the product in one or more significant respects.
d. Within 15 calendar days of purchase if the product has a manufacturing defect(s).
Thanks.
2016-3-29
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Store Posted at 2016-3-29 19:37
RichJ53, the remote control can't be exchanged separately. And for the whole Inspire 1 drone, repl ...

Thank you DJI for responding to my request. I do fall under the "C" item on your list, but I have decided to keep my new Inspire 1 V2 with the remotes that came with it.  I will enjoy this Inspire along with my other V1 that has always worked for me this past year.

So, no action will be required and I will accept the product as is.

Sincerely
Rich
2016-3-29
Use props
Odenloki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 522717 ft
United States

I want the GL 658C too if it goes farther! How do we make this happen!
2019-5-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules