Gimbal cable protection
809 4 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone on here done anything similar to putting doublesided tape over the flat gimbal ribbon cable where it connects in a couple of places like this guy is doing in this video?

Thinking about doing this to mine but wanted others opinions on it. I already have the gimbal saver from killer rc installed but it doesn't cover these ribbon connectors. I just wonder what the likelyhood of those coming out or having problems are?

Thanks,
Steve

2016-2-25
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I a gimbal protector on and just recently proved it work when my bird went haywire (Pilot error using Litchi for the first time).
This saved my gimbal from the hard crash and the ribbon was just fine.
SKYREAT DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Saver -Protector Phantom 3 Ribbon Cable & Motors

Not sure if this trick will also help add extra protection, but hey, better safe then sorry.

2016-2-25
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-25 09:03
I a gimbal protector on and just recently proved it work when my bird went haywire (Pilot error usin ...

I have the same gimbal protector from Killer RC. I'm just wondering about the ribbon cable connectors that it doesn't cover. I don't know if it's worth adding double-sided tape and aluminum tape over them. I don't know if that would keep them secure and in place or if it may pull on them and do the opposite.
2016-2-25
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-2-25 10:43
I have the same gimbal protector from Killer RC. I'm just wondering about the ribbon cable connect ...

Makes me wondering now as well.
I assume it might help, as long as it does not interfere with the movement.
Would be nice to hear from users who have.
2016-2-25
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-25 09:48
Makes me wondering now as well.
I assume it might help, as long as it does not interfere with the  ...

I also posted the same thread on phantompilots and from the lack of response, I would say not many have gone this route.
2016-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules