Inspire 1 sway
1080 13 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mogman27
New

United States

I have had two inspires and I am on my second one. One of the things that I have noticed with this new inspire is that it doesn't hover in one spot. Its has this little sway, its very suttle but it acts like an apple in a barral
2016-2-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

can I assume you have completed the IMU calibration and compass is set for the flying area?  I have had the IMU cause this after one of the firmware updates. Put the aircraft in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then turned everything on and quickly did the IMU cal.

Just a thought

Rich
2016-2-25
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Richj53 - what does putting the aircraft in the refrigerator do?
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2016-2-26 13:35
Hey Richj53 - what does putting the aircraft in the refrigerator do?

Having the IMU really cold then doing the IMU calibration with make the "Aircraft Warming Up" only take several seconds instead of a minute or so.
If you lower the basic gains, preform a good compass calibration (no metal around) and also wait to take off until you have full GPS lock will help.
2016-2-25
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-25 22:55
Having the IMU really cold then doing the IMU calibration with make the "Aircraft Warming Up" only ...

Sorry, Ken, but I still couldn't get the idea. Again, what the refrigeration chill does to IMU calibration? And why do I have to empty half of the fridge to make room for Inspire? It's about 0C outside right now, will it do?
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-2-26 14:25
Sorry, Ken, but I still couldn't get the idea. Again, what the refrigeration chill does to IMU cal ...

I think a fridge was used because they were in a warm climate. Since your in the cold, leave it in the garage or on the porch for 10 minutes or so and have the app and RC on and the IMU calibration page up.
Bring the aircraft in and put it on a flat surface away from metal and hurry and pop in a battery then power it up and as soon as its linked hit the start IMU calibration button. make sure you don't touch the aircraft all or bump the table while it's calibration. If you accidentally  do, start all over again.
Just trust me, it works to give you a shorter cold start warm up period
2016-2-25
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

dobmatt Posted at 2016-2-26 06:25
Sorry, Ken, but I still couldn't get the idea. Again, what the refrigeration chill does to IMU cal ...

Leaving it outside will do the same job as in the fridge. The idea is the Imu is cooled down before Imu calibration, the purpose behind this is because, the Imu has a internal heater unit so if you calibrate the Imu when it's warm every time you go to fly it needs to get to the temperature "long wait" at the time of calibration. So by chilling it down before calibration it will greatly improve warm up times and give the Imu a broad spectrum of temperature variation which will also help with a more stable craft,dependent on ambient air temperature
2016-2-25
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2016-2-26 06:50
Leaving it outside will do the same job as in the fridge. The idea is the Imu is cooled down befor ...

great info.  They do say you learn something new every day!
2016-2-26
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-26 13:09
can I assume you have completed the IMU calibration and compass is set for the flying area?  I have  ...

this is "cool" info
2016-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-25 22:40
I think a fridge was used because they were in a warm climate. Since your in the cold, leave it in  ...

Ken

This procedure worked so well for me, I was only passing the information along that sounded like it could help.  If I understood correctly by chilling the aircraft in the refrigerator, I thought this helped with the IMU calibration (at least faster start up). Sorry if I misspoke on this point. I really did not want to hand out bad information.  The NASCAR start up IMU calibration was a awesome suggestion that worked wonders on my P3P.

Rich
2016-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, only if it works

Rich
2016-2-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-27 01:40
Ken

This procedure worked so well for me, I was only passing the information along that sounded l ...

There is much more to these products than what's in the manual. When I bought my first phantom I did an IMU calibration immediately after a firmware update a ended up with a three minute "IMU warming up" message.
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-27 14:40
Ken

This procedure worked so well for me, I was only passing the information along that sounded l ...

No worries at all, just post what you think is correct. No big deal.
There's so much information outside of the manual, tips and tricks and things like that there's no way way you can know everything.
I try to give the best information as I can and yes, once in a while I may not be correct as well.
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-27 23:11
There is much more to these products than what's in the manual. When I bought my first phantom I d ...

I did the same exact same thing my first time and was bummed out that it took so long to warm up
2016-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules